Colorado and Utah in June : Coming from the East Coast!

area13

I am planning a trip out to Colorado and Utah. In short I will be hitting, Canyon City, Colorado Sand Dunes (via off-off road trail), Alpine loop (from Lake City to Silverton), Utah - off road until needles, then off-road to moab.
Utah map.JPG
To zoom in on map go here: http://ridebdr.com/UTBDR
Has anyone here completed the area in Red? How difficult is it? I have a 3 inch lift and 35's.
Also if anyone would like to join us that would be great too!
Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

DaJudge

It is not difficult, unless it has rained a lot. Your Jeep will be overkill!

Also, I know it is not in your question, but if you want to run the Alpine loop, it may or may not be open. Keep an eye on the trail reports found on Bushducks or the Forest Service. It will depend on how much snow they get this year.

Last edited:

area13

Thank you for the response! It's good to hear my jeep will be over kill versus the later. I was afraid I would encounter some very rough terrain.
I appreciate the advise on the Alpine loop.
Jeff

It is not difficult, unless it has rained a lot. Your Jeep will be overkill!

Also, I know it is not in your question, but if you want to run the Alpine loop, it may or may not be open. Keep an eye on the trail reports found on Bushducks or the Forest Service. It will depend on how much snow they get this year.

boardsurfer

If you're just looking at Alpine Loop, you'll be cutting it close for being open or not. If you plan on any of the big names like Black Bear Pass, Imogene, or Poughkeepsie Gulch, those are a pretty firm No for that time of year.

Let us know when you're in Denver if you feel like meeting up for a beer or two.

Jsouder53

Hooked
If you're just looking at Alpine Loop, you'll be cutting it close for being open or not. If you plan on any of the big names like Black Bear Pass, Imogene, or Poughkeepsie Gulch, those are a pretty firm No for that time of year.

Let us know when you're in Denver if you feel like meeting up for a beer or two.

Dang, we will probably adjust our plans then.. Thanks for the heads up! And will do [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BOWEN

I am from East TN and am heading that way as well we did Moab and Colorado in Apirl and correct there was 30 ft of snow on the trail. we are looking at going late Aug this year.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Dang, we will probably adjust our plans then.. Thanks for the heads up! And will do [emoji106]

If you plan on anytime in July you should be safe. A lot of those trails open July 4th typically, but depends on snow and plow operations. If you want to be 100% certain, mid-late July is the golden time for CO, although conversely is hell in Moab.

mattfl

Question for you guys going from the east coast out to Moab. Are you driving your Jeep out there or having it shipped?

Braxtonsag

10 hours to windrock is brutal enough, no way we can convince our wives to do 32 lol

How is windrock?? We are in Tennessee a lot and somehow I had never even heard of it until a few days ago. I live pretty close to badlands in Attica, IN but it’s just small.

We go to moab every year and I’ll be driving the jeep. It’s not too bad of a drive, just as boring as watching paint dry until you hit Denver lol

mattfl

How is windrock?? We are in Tennessee a lot and somehow I had never even heard of it until a few days ago. I live pretty close to badlands in Attica, IN but it’s just small.

We go to moab every year and I’ll be driving the jeep. It’s not too bad of a drive, just as boring as watching paint dry until you hit Denver lol

Windrock is awesome. Super huge park where you can go miles without seeing someone else and plenty of trails ranging from beginner to body damage is a good possibility lol

Top Bottom