91 wrangler soft top

black pearl

Hooked
It might be a long shot, but trying to help a friend out. When she had to evacuate because of our recent wildfires, her and her son jumped in the jeep and took off. With that the top to her jeep burned in the fire, and now it's raining [emoji17]. If my year thinking is right 91 would be a YJ , I'm assuming a TJ top would work as well. Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated. I'm also trying to find out if she has any funds for the new top.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I don’t think they’re interchangeable, but I have a soft top off a 99 TJ she could have if it will work. It doesn’t have a frame or windows because I’m still using them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If anything, you should be able to run a CJ7 soft top on a YJ but I'd have a hard time believing that a TJ would work.

black pearl

Hooked
If anything, you should be able to run a CJ7 soft top on a YJ but I'd have a hard time believing that a TJ would work.

I did more reading after my initial post, as I don't know much about that era of jeeps. I was wrong with the assumption I made about the TJ top. But I did read someplace, all tho not ideal it could be made to work.

Just trying to find any solution as it's a daily driver, and she's not really into running topless in the rain [emoji23]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I did more reading after my initial post, as I don't know much about that era of jeeps. I was wrong with the assumption I made about the TJ top. But I did read someplace, all tho not ideal it could be made to work.

Just trying to find any solution as it's a daily driver, and she's not really into running topless in the rain [emoji23]

Has she thought about buying a Bestop Supertop? They look and fit just like factory.

black pearl

Hooked
Has she thought about buying a Bestop Supertop? They look and fit just like factory.

That is something I was talking with a friend about also. Hopefully we can get the money together here locally. Just thought I would put it out there as a possibility of one being out there not being used. I know she's hard up right now, struggling to find housing after the fires and all.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is something I was talking with a friend about also. Hopefully we can get the money together here locally. Just thought I would put it out there as a possibility of one being out there not being used. I know she's hard up right now, struggling to find housing after the fires and all.

Does she at least have the bows to her old top? If so, she should be able to get a replace a top for about $400

WJCO

Meme King
There's a couple around the bay area on CL. Not sure if that's what you're looking for. Good luck.

IMG_20171115_191908_674.jpg

IMG_20171115_191923_958.jpg

Top Bottom