Torque spec for 3.6 belt tensioner bolt

SDG

Caught the Bug
Anyone have a clue? Can't find anything for the 3.6, found for the 3.8 but it's a different setup, I am guessing 35ish, but curious if anyone knows.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Anyone have a clue? Can't find anything for the 3.6, found for the 3.8 but it's a different setup, I am guessing 35ish, but curious if anyone knows.
Ohhh asking because this happened earlier today...

20171116_101159.jpg

Sitting at a stoplight all good. All of a sudden no power steering... then battery light and assorted other lights come on.

Was only a few blocks from work lucking... barfed out a bunch of rad fluid... originally thought it was a dog leak, but the electronic lights didn't make sense...

Anyway, after getting the shredded belt off, I was starting to put the new one on and noticed the belt tensioner had would wiggle, but not the way it was supposed to. It was quite loose, about 1/2 a turn before the bolt was finger tight. So I snugged it up but not sure how much I shoukd do.

GraniteCrystal

Might be able to look up spec for that size bolt, regardless of application. Then throw some Loktite on it and call it a day.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Might be able to look up spec for that size bolt, regardless of application. Then throw some Loktite on it and call it a day.
Yeah, I was thinking that but there appears to be some sort of bushing in there so didn't want to over compress it.

I just went to pretty snug lol.

Top Bottom