Bashing Teraflex

The BAD Influence

Caught the Bug
From my own personal experience, and from threads I've read on this forum, I've never liked Teraflex. I've spent more energy than I should have bashing them on local Jeep sites. Because the sites are private Facebook groups, everyone knows my name, and some members are employees of Teraflex. So what, I don't care. However, I learned today that my son has applied for a job there. One he really wants. I'm now worried that my drunken shenanigans could come back to haunt me. Lesson learned, if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.
Isn't there a scripture somewhere about the son's not having to pay for the sins of the father?

Last edited:

TRLJNKY

Yeah I can see where there is a legit concern there. Hopefully all works out. Just have your son unfriend you haha. Hell my kids are hardly on FB anymore anyway. "Its the old person social media" 😂 Hopefully you have an common last name and he can claim plausible deniability but inside you still know the truth

aka cavfighter

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s not “bashing” when the examples you point out are TRUE and can be backed up. Having seen how much of their stuff breaks and how they blame people for install error while sending a replacement isn’t good customer service. If it were me, I would explain these things to my son and discourage him from working for a company like that. But then, that just me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

Caught the Bug
I get it, I've talked to him about working there. But, he is in marketing and graphic design. We moved to Utah while he was in school, so he stayed to finish. Got a job that has turned into a dead end. It's not so much that he wants to work for Teraflex, but that it's in his field, it'll get him near us, and help him get experience he's not getting now. It's stepping stone to something better. He's been offered positions in the area before, but at a significant pay cut. This job certainly wouldn't be anything other than a resume builder. And as we all know, they are good at marketing.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
You’re getting good advice here imo. If you’re son had a crack head criminal best friend would you regret not letting him hang out? I can guarantee that sooner or later you will be having a ‘you were right dad ‘ conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I get it, I've talked to him about working there. But, he is in marketing and graphic design. We moved to Utah while he was in school, so he stayed to finish. Got a job that has turned into a dead end. It's not so much that he wants to work for Teraflex, but that it's in his field, it'll get him near us, and help him get experience he's not getting now. It's stepping stone to something better. He's been offered positions in the area before, but at a significant pay cut. This job certainly wouldn't be anything other than a resume builder. And as we all know, they are good at marketing.
Good for him, they are excellent at marketing.

TrailHunter

Hooked
They probably had no idea you were his father..... until now.. :doh: lol. (they're watching us) I studied Graphic Design in college.... I'm sure it will be great experience for him... :thumb:

Benito

Caught the Bug
From my own personal experience, and from threads I've read on this forum, I've never liked Teraflex. I've spent more energy than I should have bashing them on local Jeep sites. Because the sites are private Facebook groups, everyone knows my name, and some members are employees of Teraflex. So what, I don't care. However, I learned today that my son has applied for a job there. One he really wants. I'm now worried that my drunken shenanigans could come back to haunt me. Lesson learned, if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.
Isn't there a scripture somewhere about the son's not having to pay for the sins of the father?

I get what your saying, but at this stage i wouldn’t bring more attention to the situation at hand, specially on a forum that speaks truth about their products. Though it may be far fetched, it is posible that Terraflex employees monitor this forum (and other forums) to see what is being said, and now they might know that someone who has applied or was recently offered a position may or may not share the views of family members about their products.

GraniteCrystal

Dear Teraflex HR employee reading this,

This individuals son is perfect for the job. Why? Because his dad is one of your critics. He's the customer you haven't gotten yet. He knows the perceptions and how to change them. Hire him for your marketing department.

RCVRY

Were it my company; hiring the individual with first-hand knowledge of the issues inhibiting growth of the customer base would be my first choice. I would urge your son to convey these issues, in the appropriate way, and offer suggestions for improvement. Many companies offer different tiers of quality, and he may be able to offer options for introducing a Terraflex "Elite" series of components and the proper way to market them.
Your experience may be his greatest strength, if he's able to sell it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom