Tesla Semi

longarmwj

Teslas are pretty much a cult. Ever talked to a Tesla owner? You'll want to pull your hair out after you're done.

Also, Tesla is struggling right now. Their new Model 3 is NOT going over well. They reported record quarterly losses and have lost over 336 million in the last three months. Elon Musk is just another John DeLorean, it's just a matter of time.

Spazbyt

Hooked
(Courtesy of Popular Mechanics)
0-60 in 5 seconds
0-60 with 80,000 max gross weight in 20 seconds
65 up 5 percent grade at max gross
500 mile range at maximum weight and highway speed
.36 drag coefficient/.65-.70 diesel truck/.38 Buggati Chiron
4 independent motors and independent suspension
1 Gear - No transmission
Center driver position like a race car
400 mile range with 30 minute charge (aka MEGA CHARGE)
Charge at origin or destination
Auto braking
Auto lane keeping
Million mile guarantee
Regenerative braking (brake pads last forever)
Tesla app just like the Model S
$1.26 per mile Tesla Semi vs. $1.51 per mile diesel truck

The stats look very competitive but where are we supposed to get all this additional electricity to run millions of Semi trucks and 10s of millions of cars? From a giant coal burning power plant? or even worse a big scary nuclear power plant? Nothing is free and energy has to come from somewhere. Plus the government regulations on power plants are way more relaxed then they are on auto makers. That being said its good to see an American company spearheading something like this.:usa-flag:

WJCO

Meme King
All of the internal combustion engines in all of my vehicles over the years have worked just fine.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Electric trucks would be great for short haul work where emissions are an issue. Port of LA/Long Beach for example. A third to half the particulates and other air pollution in LA comes from the port. Electric trucks would help.

Brute

Hooked
Teslas are pretty much a cult. Ever talked to a Tesla owner? You'll want to pull your hair out after you're done.

Also, Tesla is struggling right now. Their new Model 3 is NOT going over well. They reported record quarterly losses and have lost over 336 million in the last three months. Elon Musk is just another John DeLorean, it's just a matter of time.

He is NOT another DeLorean....John DeLorean was a mediocre salesman and a coke addict, who ended up broke...Elon Musk is a genius and a multi-billionaire...

Brute

Hooked
Their primary initial market will be Europe...most major cities will be banning diesel vehicles shortly...that's why Mercedes is working on an electric truck now as well

SilverBack775

He is NOT another DeLorean....John DeLorean was a mediocre salesman and a coke addict, who ended up broke...Elon Musk is a genius and a multi-billionaire...

Actually this is true, I work at tesla. And it’s not going well for tesla and Musk. They are losing their ass with the cars right now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Electric trucks would be great for short haul work where emissions are an issue. Port of LA/Long Beach for example. A third to half the particulates and other air pollution in LA comes from the port. Electric trucks would help.

Where did you find those stats? Curious only, not an attack or calling you out.
I’m in and out of the 4th largest port in the nation on a regular basis. Not seeing it....

Further more all electric commercial vehicles have been in use for short haulers for years and they are crap. Most of them I come across are pieced together from 5 trucks just to get one working. No one works on this equipment because it becomes obsolete like a computer within months. All the fleets that use all electric are regretting it and going back to internal combustion engines.

I love the claim of a million mile warranty. Yea ok. Where are you going to get that thing serviced and maintained just to get it to last a million miles?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don’t know Musk so I won’t comment on him as a person. As a company, Tesla seems unsustainable to me absent government intervention and subsidy. You can only get fanboys to prepay for products that never come to market (at least not timely) for so long. Plus, if the construction and management of the Reno megafactory is any indicator of how that company operates as a whole, I’d say the company won’t last another 5-8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom