Red Loctite confused

Eloucha

I want install spidertrax spacer1,5 on my jeep
I am confused what number of red Loctite I need to use 271,272 etc. .. I like my stock rubicon wheels with 35 tiers in 5 months I will buy new wheels. Any suggestion on number of red Loctite ??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I want install spidertrax spacer1,5 on my jeep
I am confused what number of red Loctite I need to use 271,272 etc. .. I like my stock rubicon wheels with 35 tiers in 5 months I will buy new wheels. Any suggestion on number of red Loctite ??

I bought mine used and went to the auto store for some red. I have been running them most of the 140,000 on my rig. Call them up. I cannot remember the number however do not forget to take off that stud washer!

WJCO

Meme King
I just used red locktite from O'Reilly's and didn't think twice about it. Have had them off 2 times with no issues when I had to do repairs.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
If it were me, I'd take Eddie's advice and use the red. That's one part I wouldn't want coming loose unexpectedly! I'd use the 271 or 272 and if I had to take them off again I'd break out the impact to break them free. An impact or big breaker bar combined with a cheater provide plenty of encouragement. I'm the paranoid type though...

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
If it were me, I'd take Eddie's advice and use the red. That's one part I wouldn't want coming loose unexpectedly! I'd use the 271 or 272 and if I had to take them off again I'd break out the impact to break them free. An impact or big breaker bar combined with a cheater provide plenty of encouragement. I'm the paranoid type though...

This ^^^^

jeeeep

Hooked
blue 246 has similar high temp, strength but is easier to remove

red 271 or 272 harder to remove but as mentioned, an impact makes it easy. I can break mine loose using a 24" breaker bar

Top Bottom