Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Off Road Evolution - BLACK FRIDAY 2017

Hooked

EVO Fenders...

Have a question and maybe not the right thread but do the EVO fenders include reinforcement so they are not just mounted to sheet metal?? I tried to look up the installation instructions but that link seems to be broken. I know some of the other manufacturers use some reinforcement to make the fenders really strong.

I know most of you will say to just cut my stock fenders and call it a day... But I do really like the look of the tube fenders...

Thanks,
    NotInStock

2016 Rubi JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" RK X-Factor, Fox Shocks, Dynatrac PR44 Front Axle, ATX Chamber Pros, BFG 35x12.5x17, LOD Destroyer Shorty Bumpers (FR & RR), Synergy Skid Plates, Warn 8274 Winch.
    Build Thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...Rubi-Hard-Rock

Hooked
    Okay, well maybe this is lame but perhaps i save the grand on fenders and get double throwdown coilovers for the front...

Anyone know how well the double throwdown coilover front setup would work with the more traditional RK rear setup?

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app
    NotInStock

2016 Rubi JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" RK X-Factor, Fox Shocks, Dynatrac PR44 Front Axle, ATX Chamber Pros, BFG 35x12.5x17, LOD Destroyer Shorty Bumpers (FR & RR), Synergy Skid Plates, Warn 8274 Winch.

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NotInStock View Post
    Okay, well maybe this is lame but perhaps i save the grand on fenders and get double throwdown coilovers for the front...

Anyone know how well the double throwdown coilover front setup would work with the more traditional RK rear setup?

Are you planning on adding the evo-lever rear? If not, the DTD front alone would be a colossal waste, in my opinion. You could go with front and rear coil overs for a tad more than just the front dtd alone.
    Last edited by boardsurfer; 11-25-2017 at 01:25 AM.

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    Are you planning on adding the evo-lever rear? If not, the DTD front alone would be a colossal waste, in my opinion. You could go with front and rear coil overs for a tad more than just the front dtd alone.
    Yeah, that would be the end goal.... just figure it may be several months before i have the coin to finish with the DTD lever rear....

NotInStock

Have a question and maybe not the right thread but do the EVO fenders include reinforcement so they are not just mounted to sheet metal?? I tried to look up the installation instructions but that link seems to be broken. I know some of the other manufacturers use some reinforcement to make the fenders really strong.

I know most of you will say to just cut my stock fenders and call it a day... But I do really like the look of the tube fenders...

Thanks,
    The EVO fenders do have some reinforcement to them and look great However, I would still cut the fenders

Yeah, that would be the end goal.... just figure it may be several months before i have the coin to finish with the DTD lever rear....

If it's only going to be several months, hold up and do it all at once. Or, go with the bolt on kit if your not planning on speed

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar

In that case, I would buy it and set it aside. Or keep saving and do it all at once. That's what I had to do. My build came to a point where the next step would be a big one so I just kept saving to make one big purchase. I havent bought anything for my Jeep in almost a year (the horror!) but it will be worth it.

On the other hand, maybe you could just put it on. I was watching the Moab, Fork Yeah video yesterday and there is a red 2-door with what looks like DTD front and regular springs/shocks in the back. He seemed to be doing fine.

Here, I found it:

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 8.00.52 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 8.01.05 AM.jpg
    Last edited by boardsurfer; 11-25-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    In that case, I would buy it and set it aside. Or keep saving and do it all at once. That's what I had to do. My build came to a point where the next step would be a big one so I just kept saving to make one big purchase. I havent bought anything for my Jeep in almost a year (the horror!) but it will be worth it.

On the other hand, maybe you could just put it on. I was watching the Moab, Fork Yeah video yesterday and there is a red 2-door with what looks like DTD front and regular springs/shocks in the back. He seemed to be doing fine.

Here, I found it:

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 8.00.52 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 8.01.05 AM.jpg
    Yeah i was thinking it probably should do fine.... i am just curious if anyone had any experience with that type of setup. I do recall there was an RK kit that was set up that way before with them having some strange justification that coilovers dont do well with the weight always changing (being in the rear would bring high amounts of various load from things like camping gear, lots of passengers, the english mastiff, etc...) When i tried asking others they felt that wss a stupid idea and a quick wrench adjusts cpilovers anyways...

NotInStock

Just want to say thanks! Part came fast and looks great. IMG_5514.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks,
    They have 2 reinforcement points. You can check my build thread out I have a couple photos of them installed. I think cut fenders look decent and for most are perfect, but they just don't suit the areas I wheel with lots of brush and small trees that rip fenders off constantly where steel fenders push it out of the way.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345