Were to mount ARB Compressor

Hey guys i'm looking to see were everyone mounts there compressor and how they mount it, im thinking of welding up a custom bracket or seeing if i can make it with some metal brackets i found.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Run mine under the hood. Some folks say it decreases the life of the compressor but Others swear by it. I only use it for airing up so it’s not used all that much. My buddy has it under the passenger seat and it’s annoying as hell

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

I’ve had all 3 mounts mentioned.

The Evo Mount is the way to go for the single. Cheap and easy to install.

If you have the twin and you aren’t going with a bigger brake booster/MC combo, get the MORE mount. It puts it in a good location for running all the wiring and air locker stuff.

If you have a twin and bigger B.B./MC, put it under the seat. This was my last choice for mounting but I didn’t want to modify the MORE mount and it’s a little safer under the seat. Harder to run wiring and air lockers though. Mines under the passenger seat and to have a clean install, it looks like I have to cut the major wires with the fuses to pass the wires through the fire wall, then solder back together.

Ddays

Hooked
Harder to run wiring and air lockers though. Mines under the passenger seat and to have a clean install, it looks like I have to cut the major wires with the fuses to pass the wires through the fire wall, then solder back together.

Negatory. Run it through one of the drain plugs in the passenger footwell & along the frame up then up on the firewall. No cutting /soldering required. Unless you plan on deep sea Jeep driving you won't have leak issues. If you really wanted you could goop up the plug hole with silicone around the wires.

comp 7.jpg

comp 8.jpg

If you're interested, the whole install sequence is here - look at post 103.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/31355-The-build-re-build-of-Gruff/page11

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
In the event someone finds this thread later, Synergy also makes a mount for the single ARB that hooks on to the brake booster. Easy install and good fit.

IMG_20170513_160120_965.jpg

mastrcruse

Negatory. Run it through one of the drain plugs in the passenger footwell & along the frame up then up on the firewall. No cutting /soldering required. Unless you plan on deep sea Jeep driving you won't have leak issues. If you really wanted you could goop up the plug hole with silicone around the wires.

View attachment 283424

View attachment 283425

If you're interested, the whole install sequence is here - look at post 103.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/31355-The-build-re-build-of-Gruff/page11

Perfect man! Not sure why I hadn’t thought about that route. Appreciate it!

Top Bottom