Spotted on Ohio Turnpike Today: 2018 JLU Rubicon in Red

Mabar

I was on the Ohio Turnpike eastbound near Toledo today at about 4:10 PM and spotted a 2018 JLU Rubicon in Red with black wheels. I took a few photos, but unfortunately, they aren't the greatest, to say the least. It was the best I could do while driving at 75 mph.

We went past 3 turnpike rest areas, and all the while I was hoping the driver would stop so I could take some better photos and some undercarriage photos, but no luck. He did not stop. I then had to exit the turnpike.

See photos attached.

Mabar

Attachments

• 2018-JLU-Rubicon-red-2.jpg
    2018-JLU-Rubicon-red-2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 405
  • 2018-JLU-Rubicon-red-3.jpg
    2018-JLU-Rubicon-red-3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 380
  • 2018-JLU-Rubicon-red-4.jpg
    2018-JLU-Rubicon-red-4.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 373
  • 2018-JLU-Rubicon-red.jpg
    2018-JLU-Rubicon-red.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 397
  • 2018-JLU-Rubicon-red-5.jpg
    2018-JLU-Rubicon-red-5.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 387

Breer

Caught the Bug
Nice! Don't think I have noticed the tailgate hinges matching before. Thanks for posting! Can't wait to see one of these in the wild for myself..

Side note, what is that on his dash lol???

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Really gives you a good idea how much more the windshield leans back in this one. I wonder if it will result in less broken glass out here in the land of stone chips. Much more aerodynamic.

2018-JLU-Rubicon-red-3.jpg

Mabar

Really gives you a good idea how much more the windshield leans back in this one. I wonder if it will result in less broken glass out here in the land of stone chips. Much more aerodynamic.

Yes, the more rake to the windshield generally means less chance of stones, gravel, etc., breaking it. I have a 2016 JK with about 38,000 miles, and when driving directly into the sun at just the right angle, it is amazing to see the thousands upon thousands of small, almost microscopic pits in the windshield from dust, dirt, sand, etc.

I would guess that a little more rake to the windshield would lessen these thousands of windshield pits.

Mabar

Side note, what is that on his dash lol???....

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

I cropped my original hi-res photo to just the windshield area. It is still very poor quality, but you can see whatever is on the windshield a little better. I have no idea what it is.

Mabar

Attachments

• 2018-JLU-Rubicon-red-3-windshield.jpg
    2018-JLU-Rubicon-red-3-windshield.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 220

szobell

Lots of instruments. I would bet it was a diesel and they are out testing tuning / performance on the road in real world conditions. (Just anfuess)

Top Bottom