T-Case leakage

Guascone

Hi guys, I discovered that my T-Case is having a leakage…I took a picture from the web because yesterday I was without the camera.
I highlighted the bolt where I found I big red drop…any idea about his origin?
IMG_5999 leakage.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
More than likely, the fluid is just collecting there but is coming from somewhere else. When I had a similar leak, it was coming from a crack on the housing. I would thoroughly clean your t-case with brake cleaner, wipe it down dry and then let it sit over night. If you do have a crack, it'll be almost invisible but it should start leaking again and it should be easier to find.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just one thing...The workshop flushed the gearbox one month ago...is it possible that it is a oil squirt that now it is dropping from the bolt?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I seriously doubt it. Where it might be leaking from is the front output shaft seal but again, you really need to clean things up to help locate the leak.

WJCO

Meme King
That's your vent. There should be a hose attached to it. Basically it allows for vapors to escape as pressure expansion occurs. If the tcase were to get really hot, some fluid can be pushed out of that vent. The hose should be up around there somewhere. How did you manage to take that picture? That's a tight spot to get to. :thinking:

Guascone

Thanks for the explanation!
Also that picture is coming from the web.

Yesterday I cleaned the T-Case and now I’m waiting in order to see it I will find again oil...

In the meantime I’m look for info that can help me to find the leakage origin...:)

Guascone

Don’t worry no problem you are right!
Honestly speaking, up to now I didn’t take pictures enough clear to help you guys...sorry.

This is the best that up to now I took... IMG_0329.jpg

I still have to disassembly the shield and have a better look.

I found oil everywhere...on the bolt, under the cabin flor and on the metal shield...

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Thank you for that photo. I see that is from the side. And yes, appears there is fluid all over the place, which I then think about what Eddie said and that it might be coming from somewhere else. I also agree that you should remove the shield and get a better look at it. I would further suggest to follow what Eddie said again in that you should clean the heck out of the T-Case and then see if fluid shows up again and from where.

In my limited experience, I have found that the ultimate discovery of the offending fluid was in a completely different place than the leak itself.

Good luck!!

OJK12

Any chance your oil is coming from the driveshaft? It looks more brown than red and spread out like a torn CV boot would do, just a thought.

Guascone

I was thing me too that the oil come out from the driveshaft...I found oil in everywhere and it seems that it is squirted with high pressure...today or tomorrow I will disassembly the shield I will better check around the t-case if I can see the origin of the leakage

Guascone

I replaced the driveshaft with a tom wood driveshaft. I can’t use the big fat oring under the nut ( t-case side) because there where not his seat.
Is it possible that the oil is coming from the T-case splines?

scull20

I replaced the driveshaft with a tom wood driveshaft. I can’t use the big fat oring under the nut ( t-case side) because there where not his seat.
Is it possible that the oil is coming from the T-case splines?

Could you elaborate on this? Im almost positive that you’re supposed to reuse that Oring. I didn’t replace my front shaft with Tom woods, but definitely reused that oring. Then you retorque to I believe 160 ft-lbs.

Top Bottom