Best 85-10 K Winch for the money ?

JeepJeep75

Typical off-road recovery might be as cheap as $300, but I’ve heard it can be upwards of $3000. So, what’s that worth to ya? Taking cost out of the equation, get a Warn if you want the best.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hemmer

I'm also looking

I was looking at the smitty built xrc-9.5k with synthetic rope for 390. Or the warm vr8 it's an 8k winch for 450 after rebate. What do you guys recomend ? The smitty offers 1.5k more pulling power and a synthetic rope. Is an 8k winch enough for a jku? (This winch will be going on another jeep of mine).

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I was looking at the smitty built xrc-9.5k with synthetic rope for 390. Or the warm vr8 it's an 8k winch for 450 after rebate. What do you guys recomend ? The smitty offers 1.5k more pulling power and a synthetic rope. Is an 8k winch enough for a jku? (This winch will be going on another jeep of mine).
Two things to consider here. Smitty is built in China. Warn isn't. I think the Warn vr series might be but I do know that if they are, they are built in a specific warn factory to the same specs as the American made ones.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

The vr series from warn are made in China. With that said I have the warn vr10000 and absolutely love mine. They will hold up much better than pretty much any of the cheaper competitors available.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom