Should I be worried?

lexlop1975

Hello. I just bought a brand new JKU last month and have been really enjoying I️t. Yesterday, the fuel gauge dropped to empty (I️t had a 1/4 of a tank) and the engine light came on after starting I️t. I turned the ignition off and let I️t sit for a few minutes. After restarting, the fuel gauge started working but the engine light stayed on. I called the dealership and made an appointment for today.

I brought the Jeep to the dealer and they ran a full diagnostic. They informed me the fuel pump was shot and needed to be replaced. I asked them if they saw this before on a vehicle someone only had for a month with 1000 miles and was told no. They said “it’s because it’s made by humans”. So...…Should I be worried or Chalk I️t up to at least I️t happened under warranty?

Just curious being new to Jeeps.

I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s threads.

Thank you.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Fuel pump failures on jeeps are very uncommon from what I've seen. GM/Chevy is very common. Earlier 2000s Fords were common as well. Glad they caught it under warranty.

J

JKDream

Fuel pump failures on jeeps are very uncommon from what I've seen. GM/Chevy is very common. Earlier 2000s Fords were common as well. Glad they caught it under warranty.

You must have never owned a ZJ or XJ. Replaced at least once a year.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Hello. I just bought a brand new JKU last month and have been really enjoying I️t. Yesterday, the fuel gauge dropped to empty (I️t had a 1/4 of a tank) and the engine light came on after starting I️t. I turned the ignition off and let I️t sit for a few minutes. After restarting, the fuel gauge started working but the engine light stayed on. I called the dealership and made an appointment for today.

I brought the Jeep to the dealer and they ran a full diagnostic. They informed me the fuel pump was shot and needed to be replaced. I asked them if they saw this before on a vehicle someone only had for a month with 1000 miles and was told no. They said “it’s because it’s made by humans”. So...…Should I be worried or Chalk I️t up to at least I️t happened under warranty?

Just curious being new to Jeeps.

I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s threads.

Thank you.
Alex

On my 2012 jk with the 3.6 my fuel pump went out during the first 1k miles. Dealer just said "sometimes it happens". That was the only serious issue I had with the jeep for the time I owned it. I traded it in about 90k miles later.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
On my 2012 jk with the 3.6 my fuel pump went out during the first 1k miles. Dealer just said "sometimes it happens". That was the only serious issue I had with the jeep for the time I owned it. I traded it in about 90k miles later.
I did have annoying evap system issues but they were a relatively simple fix once diagnosed.

zimm

Caught the Bug
If a defective part is going to fail, it’s usually early. Glad warranty got it.

Ausjeep113

I wouldn’t be too stressed mate, parts fail but atleast it was under warranty. I’ve got to hand it to keep, the JK has been the most reliable vehicle I’ve ever owned and has never needed anything more than general maintenance.

Top Bottom