EVO Fender Liner - Paint it Powder Coat

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I just received my EVO fender liners and I’m wondering if a rattle can is sufficient or if I should spend the extra money to get them power coated. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gobicon2017

Your paint code is on the inside of the drivers door. Sherwin Williams automotive is where I got mine made. I bought an automotive paint hardner from them couldn’t tell you the brand.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Neither. Powdercoat sucks. I have completely stopped using powder coat on everything, and have replaced it with LineX. Same price, same prep, 100x tougher, 100x the corrosion protection, ready to use in minutes, comes in colors, etc. Unless you want the glossy smooth look, LineX every time. If you want the budget version, rattle can it for a few bucks at home.

Gobicon2017

Couldn’t match the Gobi color at all. Tan was the closest they could get. Not a hole lot of difference but noticeable. Tried the rattle can first. Didn’t hold up.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
When I worked for a paint supplier years ago, linex would get paint from us and spray it on the last coat after applying their product. Unless they have changed over the years they were never UV protected. You had to put some coating on it after a while when it would chalk. Imo, powder coat is better never had a problem.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
When I worked for a paint supplier years ago, linex would get paint from us and spray it on the last coat after applying their product. Unless they have changed over the years they were never UV protected. You had to put some coating on it after a while when it would chalk. Imo, powder coat is better never had a problem.

Yes they spray a topcoat which shields it from UV, it makes the final product a bit glossier than regular linex, but the black is blacker and the colors pop more with it. I've had my rear bumper done, and it's been great.

Top Bottom