Wave from AK - Getting back into jeeps after 14 "lost years"!

arcticaaron

Wanted to give you guys a wave from Anchorage, AK and do a quick introduction. I've been lurking around the site and enjoy all the great tech, the app, and the wayalife videos. My first vehicle was an '84 CJ-7, then a YJ, CJ-5, and finally a TJ that I lost floating down a glacial river in 2003. After that the wife sorta banned me from jeeps for over a decade :rolleyes2: I then had a '74 bronco (never should have sold it) and now am driving a series 80 land cruiser with factory lockers on 34s. The cruiser has been awesome but has over 200k miles on it and I'm planning on selling it and buying a JLU in mid-2018. Seems like a JLU rubicon would be the perfect replacement for the cruiser and would FINALLY put me back in a jeep!

Here is a photo of my last jeep a few days after we had to abandon it in the river. (it was finally extracted a few months after this)
sunk tj.jpg

-Aaron

TrailHunter

Hooked
Welcome from SoCal! I’ve been to Alaska, Anchorage / Eagle River a handful of times... A truly wild place with so many amazing views... Good luck on your hunt for a new JL.

Top Bottom