Need your opinion : Shocks Doetsch

Laurent

Need your opinion about Doetsch shocks

Dear Jeepers.
So am sure you have lots of Threads speaking about shocks but didn't found any information on that brand.

Lets start like that. My Jku is our daily drive, with wife and little angel 2yo.

My concern is I would like to to have soft ride. And don't break the spin of my little one.

My budget is 600$ maximum.. I have to keep some money for shipping to Azerbaijan..

First idea is doetsch 2.0 rebuildable they are making custom valving, and I can rebuild the shocks. Made in USA

Second is Falcon 2.1.. TeraFlex..

Third is Fox 2 performance.. Afraid they will be too stiff..

Am not crawling like you do in yours amazing videos :) more dirt roads climbing on the mountain, and small rocks..

My setup 2.5 inch lift + 1 inch body lift. With for now oem shock and Teraflex adapter to make them longer.

I know you will be able to help me.

Thanks Jeepers

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1511274333229.jpg
    FB_IMG_1511274333229.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just noticed that you posted this up a couple of days ago. New shocks will NOT soften up your ride. MOST of ride quality comes from your coils. Running your tires at about 30 psi or less will help soften things up as well.

With all that said, you won't find many if anyone here running Doetsch or Falcon shocks here.

Laurent

@wayoflife thanks for your reply. I understood coils are doing the difference. Last time, I bought from China my shocks nitrogen.. Was so bad that I had to put back my stock shocks. Reason why I suspected it was the shocks who was making problems... So, ok I forget falcon and doetsch. Which brand could you indicate me?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Laurent

Just noticed that you posted this up a couple of days ago. New shocks will NOT soften up your ride. MOST of ride quality comes from your coils. Running your tires at about 30 psi or less will help soften things up as well.

With all that said, you won't find many if anyone here running Doetsch or Falcon shocks here.
thanks for your reply. I understood coils are doing the difference. Last time, I bought from China my shocks nitrogen.. Was so bad that I had to put back my stock shocks. Reason why I suspected it was the shocks who was making problems... So, ok I forget falcon and doetsch. Which brand could you indicate me?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
@wayoflife thanks for your reply. I understood coils are doing the difference. Last time, I bought from China my shocks nitrogen.. Was so bad that I had to put back my stock shocks. Reason why I suspected it was the shocks who was making problems... So, ok I forget falcon and doetsch. Which brand could you indicate me?

I would still try running your tires at 28-30 psi and see if that helps your ride. Otherwise, where you live, I would think you should be able to get your hands on a set of Old Man Emu pretty easily and I would imagine for a lot less.

Laurent

I would still try running your tires at 28-30 psi and see if that helps your ride. Otherwise, where you live, I would think you should be able to get your hands on a set of Old Man Emu pretty easily and I would imagine for a lot less.
Unfortunately not, we have only 2 shops here who have the monopole+ 36% for shop. So it cost 1460$ for simple OME shocks.. I know it's bad :( Azerbaijan nothing is cheap or good price specialy for expats.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Again, being that money seems to be a concern, I would try to run your tires at a lower psi. That should help your ride out a LOT.

Top Bottom