Locker Bypass Mod

alf1096

I am currently looking at a spod clone for wiring ease in the future but trying to decide how many switches I will need. I have upgraded from a Sahara to a rubicon and the lockers are nice but not a fan of the switch location or how they switch. From my reading it’s just a matter of grounding the factory relay if you want to add another switch. My question is can this be done with a spod clone and if so how. I would like to leave the factory switches in tact because I still have plenty of warranty and done want a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I am currently looking at a spod clone for wiring ease in the future but trying to decide how many switches I will need. I have upgraded from a Sahara to a rubicon and the lockers are nice but not a fan of the switch location or how they switch. From my reading it’s just a matter of grounding the factory relay if you want to add another switch. My question is can this be done with a spod clone and if so how. I would like to leave the factory switches in tact because I still have plenty of warranty and done want a hassle.

Not sure what you read about grounding a relay - but there is two wires from each locker. a positive and a negative.
You just cut the factory harness, then attach the two remaining wires from the axle to the switch controller.

alf1096

I read if you ground a wire it will lock the axle and still leave the factory switches functional. The last thing I want is the lockers to go out and them give me hell about warranty.

Top Bottom