Project recon: 2017 jkur recon build

Jeepography

New jeep, who's this?
The night before thanksgiving I traded my 2014 jkur 6 speed manual in for a brand new jku rubicon recon. I loved my jeep, but i wanted to make the switch to an automatic for various reasons. Here's my old jeep, she served me well.
View attachment 284189
I'll post pics of the new one, as well as updates along the way.
IMG_3445.JPG
Out with the old in with the new!

Last edited:

Jeepography

New jeep, who's this?
The night before thanksgiving I traded my 2014 jkur 6 speed manual in for a brand new jku rubicon recon. I loved my jeep, but i wanted to make the switch to an automatic for various reasons. Here's my old jeep, she served me well.
View attachment 284189
I'll post pics of the new one, as well as updates along the way.
IMG_3015.jpg
View attachment 284191
Out with the old in with the new!
New to this, sorry if I double post!

Jeepography

So my old jeep was a mild build, 2 inch lift, 35's, JCR bumper, cut fenders, winch. Just the basics. For this jeep, I plan on going a little different route. A little more capable. IMG_3439.jpg
Here she is bone stock... for now!

Jeepography

Well just purchased a set of procomp xtreme mt2's in 37x12.50r17. Now looking at axle selves, guests, and researching gears and suspension. The tires will have to tease me in the garage for a bit until more parts get ordered. I'll post pics when they arrive!

WJCO

Meme King
Well just purchased a set of procomp xtreme mt2's in 37x12.50r17. Now looking at axle selves, guests, and researching gears and suspension. The tires will have to tease me in the garage for a bit until more parts get ordered. I'll post pics when they arrive!

Good looking rig. Just an FYI, as you research the sleeves, you'll find they do nothing. If the axle bends, it always bends where the tube meets the pumpkin. We've even had a couple of members here that have had the tube break and split apart enough to visibly see the sleeve inside. They don't really do anything.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug

I don’t believe Gussets or Sleeves are applicable to your front axle. The Recon comes with an HD version of the 44. The C’s are larger so no Gussets are needed. For the axle tube, sleeves likely aren’t available since their I.D. Is thicker.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
What does the Recon come with compared to the Hard Rock Rubicon? Just curious.

I don’t believe Gussets or Sleeves are applicable to your front axle. The Recon comes with an HD version of the 44. The C’s are larger so no Gussets are needed. For the axle tube, sleeves likely aren’t available since their I.D. Is thicker.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/43432-Rubicon-Recon-Edition-quot-Stronger-front-axle-quot

Jeepography

Good looking rig. Just an FYI, as you research the sleeves, you'll find they do nothing. If the axle bends, it always bends where the tube meets the pumpkin. We've even had a couple of members here that have had the tube break and split apart enough to visibly see the sleeve inside. They don't really do anything.

Thanks for the heads up. So what would be my better option? Truss? I was lookin at the artec system too.

Jeepography

Yeah, I was suspicious of that but have found limited info. I headed down to 4wp today and the counter guy was of no help.

Top Bottom