YJ , Carburateur weber 32/36

Jimi2b

Salut,
Quelle solution avez vous pour éviter que le carburateur ne déjauge en tout terrain, lorsque le véhicule à l'avant en l'air ?
J'ai essayer avec un filtre à essence plus gros, c'est pire :yup:
Mon carburateur est un double corps Webber 32/36, est ce que cela peut venir d'un mauvais réglage ?
Merci de m'aider, ce n'est pas évident d'accélérer pour garder le régime moteur, freiner, embrayer ( boite manuelle) et tout ça en même temps :crazyeyes:

Hello,
What solution do you have to prevent the carburettor from going off-road when the vehicle is up in the air?
I try with a bigger fuel filter, it's worse: yup:
My carburettor is a double body Webber 32/36, can this come from a bad setting?
Thank you for helping me, it is not easy to accelerate to keep the engine speed, brake, engage (manual gearbox) and all that at the same time: crazyeyes:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I believe something is being lost in translation, but I will take a shot at this. If you are saying that your carburetor floods and wants to stall off road, possibly when climbing hills than you can adjust your float level lower to shut off fuel to your bowl at a lower level. Be careful not to go too low, because you won't have enough fuel to keep up when you get on it. I have heard of this helping. There are "off road" carbs available but I am not sure how they perform in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jimi2b

Merci pour vos explications, je vous met une vidéo du problème de coupure moteur lors du passage d'une marche, c'est toujours comme ça lorsque la Jeep est "cabrée" :
pensez vous que je sois obligé de régler mes flotteurs plus haut ou plus bas ?

https://youtu.be/tyzVTDipzbM

Thank you for your explanations, I put a video of the problem of engine shutdown when passing a step, it's always like that when the Jeep is "pitched":
Do you think I have to adjust my floats higher or lower?

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like a float issue to me as well. Holley even came out with a center-pivot float bowl on their carburetors to prevent stalling on offroad hills.

Jimi2b

Je n'y avais pas pensé, mais cela semble logique ...... reste à savoir si je dois "relever" ou "baisser" les flotteurs, en tout cas merci :pouce:

I had not thought about it, but it seems logical ...... remains to know if I must "raise" or "lower" the floats, in any case thank you :pouce:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
My understanding is by lowering the float level you won't have as much fuel in the bowl, therefore it will not flood as easily. It will still flood out if the angle of the vehicle stops the float from closing off the fuel supply.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

FallonJeeper

Holley Truck Avenger Carb is supposed to take care of most of that.

Obviously, if you can adjust the floats, that would be cheaper and faster than buying a new carburetor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jimi2b

Holley Truck Avenger Carb is supposed to take care of most of that.

Obviously, if you can adjust the floats, that would be cheaper and faster than buying a new carburetor.

C'est bien pour ça, les pièces détachées pour nos Jeep sont très chères chez nous !

That's good for that, spare parts for our Jeep are very expensive here !

Jimi2b

My understanding is by lowering the float level you won't have as much fuel in the bowl, therefore it will not flood as easily. It will still flood out if the angle of the vehicle stops the float from closing off the fuel supply.

Je vais essayer, je mettrais le résultat des essais sur le forum. En attendant merci à tous

I will try, I will put the result of the tests on the forum. In the meantime thank you to all

Jimi2b

Doh, never mind. I was thinking V8, 4 bbl. I don't think they make TA for a stock YJ.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tu sais les V8 sont assez rares ici, certains CJ en sont encore équipés, mais trés peu sur les YJ, les modifications sont soumises à des lois trés strictes....chez nous : eek:
Mon YJ est un bon vieux 4.2l ....... dommage :rougir:

You know the V8 are quite rare here, some CJ are still equipped, but very little on the YJ, changes are subject to very strict laws .... home : eek:
My YJ is a good old 4.2l ....... damage :rougir:

Top Bottom