The new JL

Hawk_Owl

I saw it looks like it has a retractable roof?? Hopefully that doesn’t change being able to take it all of the way off or make the top even heavier for doing so!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
I saw it looks like it has a retractable roof?? Hopefully that doesn’t change being able to take it all of the way off or make the top even heavier for doing so!

All this stuff has been posted elsewhere here and on the sister site, jlwrangler.com.

The retractable roof is an "option." That options does not have a completely removable top.

desertrunner

33s stock on the Rubicon models with what looks like plenty of clearance on the fenders, makes 35s a really easy upgrade. Not to mention if they make the front axle a true 44 37s on a budget boost possibly?

I liked a lot of what I saw but i am still a bit wary on all those fancy electronics when it comes to getting a ton of dust in it or getting caught in the rain with the top off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
How do we feel about the hydro electric steering?

I’m really curious to see what they actually mean by this....

Edit: just did some research. To me at first it sounded like hydro assist in some form, but it is not... sounds to me like one more the the computer can control... doesn’t sound like something I’d be interested in

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m really curious to see what they actually mean by this....

Edit: just did some research. To me at first it sounded like hydro assist in some form, but it is not... sounds to me like one more the the computer can control... doesn’t sound like something I’d be interested in

I assume it’s the same system the FCA has been putting into most of their cars. It will in the future tie in with the lane assist system that steers the vehicle back into the center of the lane if it drifts too close to the line. Might be a good thing, god knows I can’t keep my Jeep between the lines everytime the wind blows!

WJCO

Meme King
So, are you saying you can't put 37's on it?? I thought they improvements to the axles and gussets.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can do whatever you want. This is all new to everyone, so go for it. Most people are basing their tire discussion off of how things worked on the JK. As far as the 44 axle shown, it has heavier duty C's, however, it appears the tubes are still 2.5 inch diameter but they are .065 thicker than the JK.

Reso

I don’t get why they would put a D35 in. I don’t think it will be stronger than the stock JK d44. If it’s weaker, and there’s more power from the engine options, there will be a lot of complaints. I also don’t like how the 2dr won’t get a diesel option

captaintexas

I don’t get why they would put a D35 in. I don’t think it will be stronger than the stock JK d44. If it’s weaker, and there’s more power from the engine options, there will be a lot of complaints. I also don’t like how the 2dr won’t get a diesel option

Someone will probably do a diesel swap I bet. Because someone will want to do a V8 swap, spare motors will be lying around.

Reso

Someone will probably do a diesel swap I bet. Because someone will want to do a V8 swap, spare motors will be lying around.

But why do a swap when they could come from factory. Spend $40k plus another 15-20k to swap in the same engine that was designed to fit. It makes no sense

Ddays

Hooked

I posted this on another thread:

These axles do not have C-Clips and they are not D35's. Check out post #177 on this link to the sister site JLWangler.com;

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...-LA-Auto-Show-2017&p=2871&viewfull=1#post2871

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom