New owner

Lil_Dil

So basically I'm a new Jeep owner. Well it's been about a year now. I've definitely shown some improvement but I have no Jeep friends and need help figuring everything out.
Recently got a 3 1/2" lift and 35" tires. But now my car is slow. How do I regear. What do I pick?? I just want the best off roading experience vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zevulin

So basically I'm a new Jeep owner. Well it's been about a year now. I've definitely shown some improvement but I have no Jeep friends and need help figuring everything out.
Recently got a 3 1/2" lift and 35" tires. But now my car is slow. How do I regear. What do I pick?? I just want the best off roading experience vehicle.

What does your car have to do with your Jeep?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Welcome to Wayalife. Based on the way you asked the question, you should probably have a reputable shop do the gears, and not do them yourself. Gearing is time-consuming and very specialized to set them up correctly. Here's a thread that will tell you about gears: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/6736-Which-Best-Gear-Brand-Thread

scrota76

Based on your favorite trail location, i would guess you live somewhere near The OC? If so, you have some of the best speed shops/offroad stores in the country in your backyard. I would highly recommend going to one of them for your gears. I would also suggest letting them do the break-in cycle for you if they offer, something i wish i would have done.

FallonJeeper

It's performance is more than likely related to the larger tires and not regearing.

35" tire gear recommendations run between 4.10, 4.88 and 5.13, depending on how you'll use it. 4.10 gears will be at the edge of stock street performance while 4.88 will be more for offroad with 5.13 being for extreme offroad.
This is a good place to ask the question though. You'll get plenty of opinions.

I also saw a very nice chart recently. Perhaps somebody will share it here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Lil_Dil

It's performance is more than likely related to the larger tires and not regearing.

35" tire gear recommendations run between 4.10, 4.88 and 5.13, depending on how you'll use it. 4.10 gears will be at the edge of stock street performance while 4.88 will be more for offroad with 5.13 being for extreme offroad.

I have no idea what you just said to me buy

Lil_Dil

Sorry accidently sent last message unfinished. I hate to say this. But I'm a girl and hardly know anything about cars. I know nothing haha. But I fell in love with the Jeeps so bought one. So I'd love to understand what exactly it was you just explained to me. But thanks so much for the input !!
I have no idea what you just said to me buy

WJCO

Meme King
Got it. Thanks guys. I'll have to find a shop near by. Really helpful.

Lil_Dil

If you live in the LA area, try Off Road Evolution in Fullerton. Not only are they a sponsor here on the forum, but I don't know of anyone nationwide that can be their re-gear price. And they have a great reputation.

dillard09

If you live in the LA area, try Off Road Evolution in Fullerton. Not only are they a sponsor here on the forum, but I don't know of anyone nationwide that can be their re-gear price. And they have a great reputation.
I second that! Offroad Evolution is the place you need to go. Drew and Mel will help you out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skeeterbait

To put it simply, your engine has to rotate so many times to spin your tires once. Putting on bigger tires changed that number and your engine has to work harder to do the same work it did before.
The numbers Fallon listed were gear ratios to return your jeep back to how it was.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lil_Dil

I actually live in the Fullerton area. This has been a huge help thank you guys so much!!

Lil_Dil

Top Bottom