A little electrical upgrade

moto450r

I've been wanting to rewire my CJ7 headlights and install an aux fuse/relay box for awhile now. Acquiring the bit and piece as taken awhile and I've redrawn the schematic about 100 times. I already have more changes in mind after building this current version.
Unfortunately I haven't been taking pictures during the buildup but since I am going to install the prototype tomorrow I thought I'd share my old iron upgrade. Keep in mind that this setup will probably change quite a bit after I run it for awhile. The sheet metal was some leftover scrapes of 22ga. so that's gonna have to change for sure.
Anyway, here are a few pics and I'll post up some more after its installed. Fingers crossed (I already cut the headlight wiring tonight doh!)
1512182309065.jpg
1512182427474.jpg

Last edited:

moto450r

Well, its installed for the first time! It looks alright but there have several changes that need to be made. I definitely learned a lot while I was installing everything.
Since I bought the wrong batteries on the last go around, I opted to install some crappy premade battery cables so I didn't waste the good wire on something I'm going to rip out after these batteries die.
Now I can start wiring into the new aux fuse/relay box and hopefully I won't have to change that wiring too much later on.

20171203_145242.jpg
20171203_145357_001.jpg

Top Bottom