Best weapon for trimming fenders?

ttfhell

Coil overs going on Monday and need to trim them up this weekend. Jig saw? Dremmel? Need to buy one, don't want to buy both. Opinions?
Thanks
Russ

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I used a dremel w/ cutting wheel to do my entire cut. It will definitely take a bit longer than using a jigsaw, but you will have a bit more control over the cut. Just remember to tape your lines and take your time!

sent from my Razr-M while driving my JK-U.......

GetOut

Coil overs going on Monday and need to trim them up this weekend. Jig saw? Dremmel? Need to buy one, don't want to buy both. Opinions?
Thanks
Russ

I would say Dremmel, however my angle grinder worked just fine after the dremmel took a crap mid project.

TheDuff

I started off with my dremel. It was getting really hot before I was done with the first fender. I set it on the bumper to cool off and ended up knocking onto the floor while messing with other stuff. The drop sadly killed it. So I tried sawzall, that was hard to keep steady. Jigsaw ended up working awesome. $25 at harborfrieght, even has laser sight:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Thanks
Russ

You can drive to my place and ill let you borrow my jigsaw. It's the best and easiest way to do it

Prime8

I have that reciprocating Bosch saw, forget what it's called... I used that and a dremel to trim mine, and I can say that the Bosch worked much faster and didn't overheat like the Dremel.

ReineyRubi

I think its easier to control the Dremel. I had to do some other fine cuts on some other plastic in the yard with the jigsaw and its really hard to clamp down those odd shaped items like that.

Plus when youre cleaning up the rough edges the dremel works way better.

Not to mention it works well on the pinch seam, stubby front bumper, etc. :thumb:

ttfhell

You can drive to my place and ill let you borrow my jigsaw. It's the best and easiest way to do it

Thanks for the offer but I need one for home so I'm going to splurge at Home Depot. It was nice meeting you last night as well.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll show some pics after I'm finished.
Russ

Jeeper_2010

I might be too late but I used an oscillating saw. They're easy to control and offer more power than the Dremel. I have a 12V Milwaukee that I love. It requires an Allen wrench to change blades but it will accept all the different blades on the market.

RockyJk

I used a grinder as well burned my arms and came out a lil crooked in some spots but still get asked if i bought em so its all good haha :thumbup:

DasBuxxx

I used a dremel w/ cutting wheel to do my entire cut. It will definitely take a bit longer than using a jigsaw, but you will have a bit more control over the cut. Just remember to tape your lines and take your time!

sent from my Razr-M while driving my JK-U.......

Amen, tape your lines, tape your lines, and tape your lines

Top Bottom