Page 57 of 130 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1293

Thread: SoCal Group

  1. #561
    Been Around the Block jjlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Damn what’s story on photo with Jerry trying to keep the rig from flopping ? Looks awesome - wish had been able to join.

    Working on chromoly axles and a regear next weekend . Slowly prepping for 37s


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah, that photo was taken as it was pretty much back under control. That right rear was over 4' in the air before Jerry grabbed it. We chalked it up to not enough flex with the currie anti-rock...and a bad line.

  2. #562
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Also random question.. any good shops near LA that mount and balance beadlocks ? I think I heard ORE in Fullerton will do it .


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Tucker Tire in Covina will do it.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #563
    Addict jesse3638's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,716
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Also random question.. any good shops near LA that mount and balance beadlocks ? I think I heard ORE in Fullerton will do it .


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Just mount them yourself and drive it to see if it needs a balance. My local America's Tire (AKA Discount Tire) wouldn't mount, but had no problem balancing them. There was a local shop in Hesperia that would have done it all for me but they wanted $50 a tire. No thanks.

    Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #564
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,964
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Just mount them yourself and drive it to see if it needs a balance. My local America's Tire (AKA Discount Tire) wouldn't mount, but had no problem balancing them. There was a local shop in Hesperia that would have done it all for me but they wanted $50 a tire. No thanks.

    Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    $50 a tire is cheap.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  5. #565
    Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Los Angeles
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Just mount them yourself and drive it to see if it needs a balance. My local America's Tire (AKA Discount Tire) wouldn't mount, but had no problem balancing them. There was a local shop in Hesperia that would have done it all for me but they wanted $50 a tire. No thanks.

    Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Don’t have the space or the time to do the job . Already get shit for wrenching at the apartment haha . Would rather save weekend time for wheeling

    $250 is money well spent IMO lol


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #566
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Don’t have the space or the time to do the job . Already get shit for wrenching at the apartment haha . Would rather save weekend time for wheeling

    $250 is money well spent IMO lol


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I think Tucker Tire charges $50 per wheel to mount and balance. I happily paid that.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #567
    Addict jesse3638's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,716
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    $50 a tire is cheap.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That was also new rims and tires no breaking the old ones down. I'd rather have the extra $250 in my pocket....

    Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #568
    Caught the Bug JL_John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    51
    Becker tire in Anaheim mounted and balanced mine for $25 a wheel when I went to beadlocks. The $25 included pulling the tires off the old wheels.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #569
    Old Timer TrailHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,738
    Quote Originally Posted by jjlong View Post
    Here's a few photos from this weekend's trip to calico.
    Looks like a fun day.

  10. #570
    Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Los Angeles
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by JL_John View Post
    Becker tire in Anaheim mounted and balanced mine for $25 a wheel when I went to beadlocks. The $25 included pulling the tires off the old wheels.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Just called Johnny down at Becker . He said they changed their policy and it’s now 50 per wheel — which is reasonable .

    ORE has the awesome buy 4 get 1 free deal going but their charge 125 per tire plus 30 to remove them from stock rims..

    Looks like Becker is a good option since it’s right down the street from ORE


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 57 of 130 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Az group
    By RockinAZJK in forum Trails & Upcoming Trips
    Replies: 696
    Last Post: 11-19-2019, 04:40 PM
  2. Gamers in the group?
    By OhNoTheJiggies in forum The 8th Slot
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-16-2017, 11:32 PM
  3. New to the group from North GA
    By twshoemaker in forum Give us a Wave
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-24-2017, 03:35 PM
  4. Oh my, this group is nothing like I had been following for years.
    By jensouthernoffroad in forum The INFIRMARY
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-25-2016, 08:07 AM
  5. New to the group
    By hounddog55 in forum Give us a Wave
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS