Base price of JL Rubicon

A dealer told me today the base price for a new JL Rubicon (2 Door) will start at $42,000. That would be $8,355 over a current 2018 Rubicon JK.

For those of you who have seen a new JL in person do you think the new model is really worth that much extra? And if so why?:eek:

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
That number seems like they are obviously more interested in selling what’s already on the lot. I’ve seen +$2,500 being thrown around for the JL vs 2018 JK.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If that's true, that's a lot better than I was expecting. That being said, I have ZERO idea as to how much my JL is gonna cost and I have some pretty good connections.

desertrunner

If that's true, that's a lot better than I was expecting. That being said, I have ZERO idea as to how much my JL is gonna cost and I have some pretty good connections.
They let you order it without giving an msrp? I'm assuming you just had to put a small deposit down but seems like they should give you a rough estimate. I guess when I ordered my taco they already had the new ones on the lot for a month so they already had them priced I have never ordered a vehicle before any were on the lot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They let you order it without giving an msrp? I'm assuming you just had to put a small deposit down but seems like they should give you a rough estimate. I guess when I ordered my taco they already had the new ones on the lot for a month so they already had them priced I have never ordered a vehicle before any were on the lot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

My dealership didn't even know that I could place an order. I told them to give it a try and they were genuinely surprised at what they saw. Needless to say, they had no clue regarding price and let me know as much. I left a deposit and we were good to go. Truth be told, I don't even know what all I ordered :crazyeyes:

eric1238

When are the JLs going to hit the lots? Here in NC there are a lot of JKs still on the lots. I figured the JLs would either hit the lots high or the JKs prices would have to drop significantly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

My dealership didn't even know that I could place an order. I told them to give it a try and they were genuinely surprised at what they saw. Needless to say, they had no clue regarding price and let me know as much. I left a deposit and we were good to go. Truth be told, I don't even know what all I ordered :crazyeyes:

Lol, same thing happened when I went to the local dealer. Because of all the uncertainty we chose NOT to go through with the order.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, same thing happened when I went to the local dealer. Because of all the uncertainty we chose NOT to go through with the order.

Honestly, you probably made the right decision to hold off. Now that I've seen the JL up close and know what options are available and what colors too, I almost wish I had waited too..... almost. :crazyeyes:

Damn that's high, when I had a 2 door JK Rubicon I bought it fully loaded 2012 for 35k. Do you know which motor was as that price?

LOL!! Moby was a fully loaded JK Rubicon Unlimited back in 2007 and I only paid $29k for it. It's all about supply and demand and there's a high demand for Wranglers. FCA charges what they do because they know they will get it.

Exodus 4x4

Honestly, you probably made the right decision to hold off. Now that I've seen the JL up close and know what options are available and what colors too, I almost wish I had waited too..... almost. :crazyeyes:
The only thing they told me for certain was they had ordered some trim packages for their inventory that were pretty much in-line with the JK packages and they would probably be there sometime after the LA auto show.

I agree that after seeing all the options I’m glad we didn’t commit to it yet.

VMSHack

LOL!! Moby was a fully loaded JK Rubicon Unlimited back in 2007 and I only paid $29k for it. It's all about supply and demand and there's a high demand for Wranglers. FCA charges what they do because they know they will get it.

People actually order a new vehicle without knowing the price of what they are buying? And possibly $42k for a base???? just paid off $35k 2013 2 door Rubicon with everything but navigation. I apparently live in a different world than most I guess lmao

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
People actually order a new vehicle without knowing the price of what they are buying? And possibly $42k for a base???? just paid off $35k 2013 2 door Rubicon with everything but navigation. I apparently live in a different world than most I guess lmao

You have to acknowledge that Eddie has to have a JL for his lively hood, so regardless of the price, in order to keep doing business he has to get one, and the sooner the better in his world-not necessarily about the world of $.

VMSHack

Lol that’s true....thought there were others saying they ordered one too, just wen back and read through and nope....he is the only one [emoji16]

Sessoms14X

Dang that's crazy how much the demand and the prices for wranglers went up with the JK. I honestly never liked the JK when it first came out so I never really knew what they started out at.
It is with the Penistar V-6. Dealer said he's already taken 5 orders above MSRP! (Eddie your wrecking my budget. But I understand).
I'll be keeping my eyes open for when the 6 cylinder desiel comes out. I'm really interested in that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I visited my local dealer, bought my 2 JK's from the same guy...he put my name on a list to notify when they get pricing and shipment confirmation.

He had a few packages but no idea about pricing yet.

After looking at the prices of the 2018 JK's on the lot, they're easily 12k more than what I paid for my 2010 JKU when I compare options to options... :shock:

it may just have gotten easier to wait for the 2019 diesel lol

Its crazy how much the price has skyrocketed on wranglers.
Base-ish prices
TJ se 14k
TJ sport 19k
Jk 22k
JKU 25k

JLU 42k

O.O like... damn.

Top Bottom