Looking for trails near Reno Nevada

G-mansjk

I'm going to be in Reno for a few days after Christmas and I'm looking for some trails close to town to try and plan a few outings... tried searching the interwebs but everything I'm finding is near Vegas or it's touristy crap like paid tours in atv's.. anyone know of any mild trails within a hour or two from reno that you would go wheeling on your own with just one rig... I know wheeling alone is dumb thats why I'm looking for mild tails. Unless anyone's willing to go play with me haha!!! Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I'll be in town the 26th though the 29th if anyone wants to plan a trip

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

Oh man this place is full of trails. You may not be able to go into the sierras but in the lower elevations you can go almost anywhere. If you have Gaia than you can look at the forest service roads. Plenty of trails mapped out there. Weather is always hit and miss in the Reno area this time of year.

aka cavfighter

G-mansjk

I'm thinking I might just need to buy a map and explore what's around... only been to reno once for training years ago when i was in the army... I know Hawthorne isn't far and we did a lot of offroading there. I might just head that way and see what happens... I was just hoping to find something on the outskirts of reno or not more than 2 hours away.. if memory serves me right I think Hawthorne was close to 3 hours away

TRLJNKY

I'm thinking I might just need to buy a map and explore what's around... only been to reno once for training years ago when i was in the army... I know Hawthorne isn't far and we did a lot of offroading there. I might just head that way and see what happens... I was just hoping to find something on the outskirts of reno or not more than 2 hours away.. if memory serves me right I think Hawthorne was close to 3 hours away

Yeah Hawthorne is fairly close but you dont have to go that far to find decent trails. They are all around Reno. As it gets closer you might get some that jump in with you. Ill be busy that week. To bad you wont be here New Years Day. We are trying to get a run going than.

aka cavfighter

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Lot's of trails right in Reno. Google Budweiser, Twister, Delores, Billy Bob, Hunter Lake. There are lot's more in and around Reno, but Budweiser is seriously a few minutes from downtown. Bronco Cyn is fun and you can add a trip to Virginia City while you're over there.

Top Bottom