Looking for a new front bumper

Skeeterbait

All,
I am looking for a new front bumper to replace my ACE full width.
I am looking for a stubby, allows a winch(powerplant) to mount low/between the frame and can have a bull bar type of bolt on.
EVO 1/4 pounder would be perfect but...I need to occasionally be able to have a full width bumper.
A friend recommended Metalcloak. They do have the ability to change end caps and easily go from stubby to full width.
Anyone have experience with these bumpers? Any other good options out there to consider?

Thanks!

GraniteCrystal

Thinking outside the box, could you buy the bumper you like, then build some extremely ugly but passable caps/tubes to it to make it full width? DIY, ugly, only on for a few hours, gets you to pass inspection.

Skeeterbait

Thinking outside the box, could you buy the bumper you like, then build some extremely ugly but passable caps/tubes to it to make it full width? DIY, ugly, only on for a few hours, gets you to pass inspection.

Kinda the line of thinking on the metalcloak. The end caps look like they are interchangeable from stubby to full width. But I havent seen one of their bumpers in person.

I dont have access to any fabrication stuff; sounds like a good excuse to go shopping. Has anyone done something similar to the 1/4pounder? Fabricated a set of bolt on end caps?

kawimoto

I know it would be a pain in the ass but have you ever thought of just swapping a factory bumper on just for the inspection. That way you can run whatever bumper you want.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

just cannot run any stubbs from crawler conceptz as hed have to cut off the oem mounts and crossmember. kinda sucks, IMO the frontend looks so much better stripped of the crossmember and shaved close to the grill

Top Bottom