2010 jkus check engine light

Gadget

Caught the Bug
The wife's jeep has the CE light on now, she thinks it needs a tune up and wants me to do it. She is taking it to get the code checked today, I'm out of town until next week. My question is do these motors even get tune ups anymore with all the computer controls?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

Whats your mileage? If your higher mileage than you still have things like plugs, wires, and PCV but from what I know thats about it. Ive got 165k on my 3.8 and thats what Ive done. Fuel filter is part of the pump (stupid imo). Id run the CEL and see what gives. Other than that Ive just done routine oil changes and an air filter.

aka cavfighter

fiend

Caught the Bug
The code will tell you the problem. Could be a bad O2 sensor, an EGR valve, or something similar that you just replace.

TRLJNKY

Let us know what codes it throws. If you havnt done plugs, wires, pcv than Id look into it down the road. Plugs for sure but honestly chase the condition first. Could be something completley unrelated to a tuneup.

aka cavfighter

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
If you replace the gas cap make sure you get one from the dealer. They're pretty inexpensive and it eliminates that as a possibility.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I kept getting the same code so I put a little grease on the seal for the gas cap and I've never had a problem since. Hopefully it's that easy for you.

Top Bottom