Alignment after balljoints

WJCO

Meme King
Just want to get a poll to see who got an alignment done after they did their ball joints.

^ I assume you meant this.

There is ZERO adjustment for camber angle on a JK solid axle. An alignment after a ball joint install would literally equate to taking 50-100 dollars and flushing it down the toilet. The toilet method would actually be slightly cheaper by saving you the time and gas to go down to the shop. Flushing the money directly down the toilet would also be safer because it would prevent an ignorant tech or service writer from attempting to sell you cam bolts and fucking up your Jeep.

^ I assume you meant this.

There is ZERO adjustment for camber angle on a JK solid axle. An alignment after a ball joint install would literally equate to taking 50-100 dollars and flushing it down the toilet. The toilet method would actually be slightly cheaper by saving you the time and gas to go down to the shop. Flushing the money directly down the toilet would also be safer because it would prevent an ignorant tech or service writer from attempting to sell you cam bolts and fucking up your Jeep.

I was just wondering cause alloy said to have the alignment check after so i was carious since i didn't mess with any of the alignment or camber and thought the same thing to my self but thought i would ask for re-assurance.

jeeeep

Hooked
I was just wondering cause alloy said to have the alignment check after so i was carious since i didn't mess with any of the alignment or camber and thought the same thing to my self but thought i would ask for re-assurance.

everything should still be the same if all you did was ball joints.

I think every instruction states to have the alignment checked after, guess they don't want someone coming back at them for odd tire wear or steering issues.

does remind me of the time I was sitting at Safelite glass waiting for my Jeep when this other customer walked in asking if they had a warranty on the glass.

She had her windshield replaced a few weeks prior and had gotten some rock chips on it...yep, she wanted them to replace it under warranty for the rock chips :cheesy:

she was pretty pissed when they told her no.. and told whoever she was talking to on her phone that she was going to give them a bad yelp review and file a complaint :doh::doh::doh:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
The only reason that a Ball Joint install would affect your alignment is if you installed offset ball Joints. These are typically only sold to correct alignment issues. Since I'm assuming you installed standard ball Joints there is no need to bother. IMG_2207.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

everything should still be the same if all you did was ball joints.

I think every instruction states to have the alignment checked after, guess they don't want someone coming back at them for odd tire wear or steering issues.

does remind me of the time I was sitting at Safelite glass waiting for my Jeep when this other customer walked in asking if they had a warranty on the glass.

She had her windshield replaced a few weeks prior and had gotten some rock chips on it...yep, she wanted them to replace it under warranty for the rock chips :cheesy:

she was pretty pissed when they told her no.. and told whoever she was talking to on her phone that she was going to give them a bad yelp review and file a complaint :doh::doh::doh:

Thanks i appreciate the response

Top Bottom