Made old built new???????[emoji848]

Oreo_penguin536

Currently I have a 94 yj and I’m extremely happy with. However, I see so many newer rigs that look so nice and clean driving all over the country, wheeling is ungodly conditions then driving back home and not being trailered. I was wondering if their is anyway possible to make my yj able to travel long distance like that and be able to off road in that gnarly type of stuff and still be 100% reliable for daily driving/road trip driving?
Maybe I’m off my rocker here but anytime I even dream about doing that I think “it’s still a 24 year old Jeep, You can’t keep up”

TIA guys

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oreo_penguin536

I wheeled my YJ everywhere. I live in Ohio and drive it out to do the Rubicon. Regular trips to Ky.

Anything you did to make it more road trip worthy as far as interior or gear?

Ultimately I want this to be something I can drive to the local spot to wheel or drive out to Moab or where ever and do some moderate-advanced trails with and still be able to take it to work

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I thought I had seen every episode of that show. Great episode! I'd never get that lucky with a junkyard find lol

Gbint

First off.....it’s a Jeep, so it will never be 100% reliable. Even the JL. Second, YJ’s were/are the best of the leaf spring jeeps and their profile pics closely resembles a CJ2 more than any other Jeep built since. I owned one once for about a week until someone offered me too much money for it. It was a 94 and stock. Love that fuel injected 4.0. Almost didn’t buy a JK just too keep a 4.0 as long as it’s street legal, enjoy.

DannyD

Any jeep can break depending on what you do with it if your 1000 miles from home or just down the road. I think having a good idea your limitations is all you need. That is a great video

Gbint

Being in the trade, you tend to hear about more issues and failures than the average joe. My colleagues at Jeep dealerships tell me hair raising stories about these products when we get together. We do see all the bad stuff so we tend to focus on the negative. And, from a mechanics point of view, when it comes to American built, Chrysler/Jeep seem to have a greater number of failures.

WJCO

Meme King
Being in the trade, you tend to hear about more issues and failures than the average joe. My colleagues at Jeep dealerships tell me hair raising stories about these products when we get together. We do see all the bad stuff so we tend to focus on the negative. And, from a mechanics point of view, when it comes to American built, Chrysler/Jeep seem to have a greater number of failures.

I could tell you the same shit about Ford and GM. Any vehicle has the potential to break. I've owned several reliable Subaru vehicles myself, but my buddy is a Subaru tech and tells me horror stories all the time because that's all he sees.

I see hundreds of various vehicle failures weekly and do not see Chrysler Jeep as a greater number of failures.

Gbint

Yep....they all break, no matter who makes it. What I can tell you, that in my own shop, Me and my technicians have made more money repairing more jeeps than any other North American brand. Of course the European product is the absolute worse and does well for us independents that repair everything. BTW, Subaru is an awesome product. Another BTW I’ve had the six volt jeeps. Kinda cool. I did turn a few of my M38’s into 12 volt, down from 24.

Top Bottom