Extended Fenders

J

JKDream

Anyone know of a brand that makes fenders that actually provide adequate tire coverage for a 12.5 wide with low backspacing? I can't seem to find any that cover tread. Laws here are brutal, immediate tow and inspection without.
My cut stockers have about two inches of poke, trying to get it a bit more legal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The old Bushwacker pocket flares should get the job done. Back in the day, Xenon made some flat fenders that would have done it too but they were nasty and sagged.

BaddestCross

Anyone know of a brand that makes fenders that actually provide adequate tire coverage for a 12.5 wide with low backspacing? I can't seem to find any that cover tread. Laws here are brutal, immediate tow and inspection without.
My cut stockers have about two inches of poke, trying to get it a bit more legal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Like Eddie said, the Bushwhacker pocket flares are an option. I've got 12.5" tires with 4.5" backspacing. Most people don't care for this look anymore, but I like them and they get the job done...

20170806_132626.jpg

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Jeepfan30

12.5 with 4.75 BS. Bushwacker flat fenders.

Attachments

• 1EBF99E6-2BE6-49C2-ABC5-E993742471ED.jpg
    1EBF99E6-2BE6-49C2-ABC5-E993742471ED.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 331
J

JKDream

12.5 with 4.75 BS. Bushwacker flat fenders.

That's pretty bang on what I need. I can't remember the exact backspacing number I have unfortunately.
I measured about 11 1/4 from the sheet metal fender to top of the tread that I'd need covered.
Any chance you could take that measurement and let me know where you sit?
Sidewall can poke, but no tread from the tire. Pretty lame.

Jeepfan30

That's pretty bang on what I need. I can't remember the exact backspacing number I have unfortunately.
I measured about 11 1/4 from the sheet metal fender to top of the tread that I'd need covered.

I have about 1/4 inch of tread exposed on each side.

icufltrn

I'll be watching this one. Massachusetts is cracking down on inspections. I have the bushwacker flats but with a 3.5 backspace.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

Bushwacker flats are exactly the same width as stock so I doubt they would work for you.

Fender laws here are that ALL of the tire must be covered which is a PITA. I run the rugged ridge flats which are 1.5” wider than stock and they only cover the tread on my 285/70R17s (10.5 width) on 4.75 BS wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Bushwacker flats are exactly the same width as stock so I doubt they would work for you.

Fender laws here are that ALL of the tire must be covered which is a PITA. I run the rugged ridge flats which are 1.5” wider than stock and they only cover the tread on my 285/70R17s (10.5 width) on 4.75 BS wheels.

Good thing I didnt buy them.
Really hard to find a set that properly covers a 12.5 wide 37.
Laws are the same here, it really is a pain.
Poison Spyders might work but it looks like they measure the widest point at the bend, not what actually covers the top of the tire.

Parks34

I run the bushwacker flat style flares, pro comp rock crawler 97's (3.75 inch backspace), and 35x12.5 nitto trail grapplers. These fenders cover all but about an inch of tire

Top Bottom