Someone help! Semi urgent

Oreo_penguin536

Is my frame twisted or is this just sheet metal issues?
Specifically look at the passenger side edge of the hood with the first front on pic
If it is twisted or bent can I fix it? IMG_1243.jpg IMG_1244.jpg IMG_1245.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I would check the frame to see if it rusted out possibly. I think the yj rusted in the back by the spring hangers if I remember correctly. I also think there is a company that makes new frames

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oreo_penguin536

What do you mean the cowl? I’m new to wranglers, where exactly is that?

I checked underneath when I first got it before I test drove it and everything looked good except for one random poorly spliced ground wire

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
IMG_2210.JPG

Is there a wave in the lower fender? And is that a dent in the hood? I would say more than likely it is just the body panels not lining up properly from previous damage. Those hoods can get a crease from opening them all the way to the windshield, and cause things to get misaligned.

Oreo_penguin536

Image1512529363.969911.jpg Image1512529394.687457.jpg
Again, pinky as a reference, not sure if you can tell but the passenger side my finger fits in the gap and on the driver side it doesn’t go all the way down in the crack between the hood and cowl. A small difference but it is a difference

10-4, I’ll do that as soon as I get a second, if it’s the frame how easy is that fixed?

Not to be blunt but it’s a rusty yj. If it’s the frame either just run it or get a new yj in better shape. Most aren’t worth trying to repair, like my tj was not worth fixing even though I did and spent too much damn money on it.

Oreo_penguin536

I’m sorry but that hit a fucking nerve.

One of the last good memories/memories in general I have was my mom teaching me to drive a stick shift when I was 12. That so happened to be in a wrangler, specifically about 10miles away from where I bought this one from in Fallon, Nevada. She just died due to pancreatic cancer as well as a slew of other complications. It wasn’t quick either. that last post hit my fucking nerve with that.

It might be an old Jeep but that Jeep is the reason I set out of bed to go to work right now. Every fucking time I so much as grab that door handle to get in, it reminds me of some of the last goods times we had before shit hit the fan with us. It drives the exact same and it shifts the same as the one I learned on even down to some of the quirks. I grew up with jeeps and she had multiple jeeps.

So again, I’m sorry but this is not just some rust bucket, literally it might be yes but i dont see it that way. for anyone else on here reading this thread or any other threads I have, if you are going to put some comment in reguards to it being “old”, not worth repairing or what ever I suggest you shit your fucking mouth and not say a damn thing. I dont give a flying fuck if the frame is bent or cracked. I’m restoring this Jeep, I’m driving this Jeep and even though it isn’t the exact one I learned on, it drives like it and it reminds me of it. That’s good enough for me.

Last edited:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
If it's the frame a good frame shop can rack it and straighten it up. I don't know the cost because I have never had to have it done, but a buddy had an old pickup that he was restoring done a while back. I suggest after your frame is checked out that you get it coated with a rust treatment/ prevention like POR15 to keep any rust from being able to attack it.

Top Bottom