Reverse lights..

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Ok guys so I need some help I want more light off the back of my jeep and I have a few ideas of what I can do but was Wanting to see if you guys had any better ideas or suggestions.

I was planning on putting some spot or flood lights on the top of my stock tail lights just like the rigid industries bracket and light. Or I was thinking of cutting holes in my bumper for flush mount lights. I'm not really wanting to go the flush lights if I change bumpers. Or I was also thinking of mounting the lights on my tire carrier with a roll bar clamp. If you guys have pics I would like to see what kind of set up you have on your rig. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

World Traveler 76

Depends on the type of bumper you have I suppose. With the stock Rubicon bumper, a quick large bit drill and a small file for shaping in the plastic, netted me this result. I’m really happy with the amount of light these little Rigids put out....

IMG_0951.JPG

"RUGER"
2016 Rubicon - Hard Rock

whytiptoe

This is what I did, the top row I have wired to come on with my reverse lights, then I have a switch that turns them all on. I have one way resistors to segregate the power from the factory wiring from my switchpro.
IMG_0233.JPG

My favorite for jk is I saw a thread somewhere about a guy that cut up the stock tail lights and installed led cubes where the original reverse light was. Appeared completely stock until turned on.

I did flush mount on my tj. I think they look better than the bracketed ones.

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_7529.jpg

Dopey84

I run bumperless and used the brackets that hold the stock bumper to mount the lights... these are also attached to a switch so i can choose when i really need to use them or help those tailgaters see me better...🤣 IMG_2604.jpg IMG_2479.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
You can get LEDs that go where your OEM bulbs are. I did it on my WJ, they're decent for a low cost and easy labor to install. Just an example of a JK one I just found online:

IMG_20171205_201039_167.jpg

And you can see them here on my WJ.

jeep (4).jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I️ run the AEV carrier and mounted a couple Rigid floods up top. I️ know the mounting is probably different for you but these put out a ton of light. Great for trails and camping but too bright to use as daily reverse lights.

IMG_2463.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
I may look into these. Do you have a pic with the reverse lights on by chance?

The ones I went with were a CREE 1500 lumen 60W. I just went out and put both Jeeps in reverse. JK on the left with stock bulbs. WJ on right with aftermarket LEDs. These don't put out anything like a pod light, but for the time and money, they're significantly brighter than OEM.

IMG_20171205_204547_832.jpg

IMG_20171205_204628_432.jpg

The ones I went with were a CREE 1500 lumen 60W. I just went out and put both Jeeps in reverse. JK on the left with stock bulbs. WJ on right with aftermarket LEDs. These don't put out anything like a pod light, but for the time and money, they're significantly brighter than OEM.

View attachment 285037

View attachment 285038

Wow that is a lot better! Thanks for the pic, will need to grab some of these

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Ok guys so I need some help I want more light off the back of my jeep and I have a few ideas of what I can do but was Wanting to see if you guys had any better ideas or suggestions.

I was planning on putting some spot or flood lights on the top of my stock tail lights just like the rigid industries bracket and light. Or I was thinking of cutting holes in my bumper for flush mount lights. I'm not really wanting to go the flush lights if I change bumpers. Or I was also thinking of mounting the lights on my tire carrier with a roll bar clamp. If you guys have pics I would like to see what kind of set up you have on your rig. Thanks

Rigid flush mound SRM (SRQ? One of those lol) mounted to a switch in the cab. Flip the switch whenever I want/need light. They work great. They have the standard mount type as well.

IMG_9501.jpg

I also installed a reverse camera in the hole just above the trailer hitch receiver so the reverse lamps provide light where its more beneficial for the camera.

Last edited:

jonathanbottoms

Rigid flush mound SRM (SRQ? One of those lol) mounted to a switch in the cab. Flip the switch whenever I want/need light. They work great. They have the standard mount type as well.

View attachment 285062

I also installed a reverse camera in the hole just above the trailer hitch receiver so the reverse lamps provide light where its more beneficial for the camera.
This looks solid! Any clearance issues with those lights hitting the rear crossmember behind the Evo fascia? Been looking into doing something very similar myself

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
This looks solid! Any clearance issues with those lights hitting the rear crossmember behind the Evo fascia? Been looking into doing something very similar myself

None at all. You just have to measure a few times to ensure you are placing them in the right spot. They can't move anymore outboard from where they are due to the curvature of the rear frame. I'll try to grab a picture of them from behind the bumper to show the clearance.

jonathanbottoms

None at all. You just have to measure a few times to ensure you are placing them in the right spot. They can't move anymore outboard from where they are due to the curvature of the rear frame. I'll try to grab a picture of them from behind the bumper to show the clearance.
That would be super helpful man, thanks a lot! Also, did you just splice them into the factory taillight harness for power, or did you use a relay/switch setup?

Top Bottom