Anyone ever done the Drummond Island Jamboree?

slomaro34

I just signed up for the drummond island Jeep Jamboree and snagged a VRBO for the weekend. Anyone have any experiences with this particular Jamboree?

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Anyone have any experiences with this particular Jamboree?

I wish I did, but no. Never even heard of Drummond Island until I had moved out of Michigan. Should be a blast for you.
If you haven't seen it, look up and watch Eddie's heartland videos. Drummond Island is on there.

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s been years since I’ve done the jamboree, but I am there a couple of times a year. Prepare for a lot of mud and water but it really is a beautiful place to run the jeeps! Here’s a quick video of the August run.

https://youtu.be/QPXzTbYaMN8

There are a going to be a ton of jeeps there of different sizes and experience levels so pack your patience but it is a really cool trip!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Wife and I did it this past June, lots of water, good trails and scenery. You should have a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app.

They went there on one of the Jkx trips, plus there are a bunch of videos on YouTube.

Last edited:

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I was looking into signing up for that run next year also, I am originally from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Will see how things work out.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Oh it is. [emoji21] Good thing I enjoy traveling!

If you want to travel about an hour north, we make a couple of runs a year to Bundy Hill and you are welcome to join us. It a decent off-road park. I prefer running it in the colds months, it keeps the number of quads and dirt bikes down. But it’s a fun place to let them stretch their legs.

JKbrick

If you want to travel about an hour north, we make a couple of runs a year to Bundy Hill and you are welcome to join us. It a decent off-road park. I prefer running it in the colds months, it keeps the number of quads and dirt bikes down. But it’s a fun place to let them stretch their legs.

Yep it takes 1:20 from the Fort [emoji106]

19YJ94

Caught the Bug

Yeah I would be interested, post it up next time you head up there. Thanks.

barh

though I have not done the jamboree I have done the Drummond Invasion And Drummond offroad adventure several times. That being said Drummond has nothing technical unless you go to the park. Muddy two tracks if its wet or dry two tracks with a few mud holes if dry. Still was a good time, more about the seeing old friends & just getting out with jeeps. Have fun

wjtstudios

Hooked
though I have not done the jamboree I have done the Drummond Invasion And Drummond offroad adventure several times. That being said Drummond has nothing technical unless you go to the park. Muddy two tracks if its wet or dry two tracks with a few mud holes if dry. Still was a good time, more about the seeing old friends & just getting out with jeeps. Have fun

Completely agree, other than Marble head and a couple of trails near the resort, it’s a lot of Two tracks. Turtle Ridge ORV is blast. One of the few, semi technical nature feature off-roading we have in Michigan.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I for one would love to see some photos. I definitely wan't to head up there this summer.

I’m up there with a couple of JKs every August. I prefer small groups of 10 or less so we can move quick and hit all the trails. I’ve done the jamborees and invasions, in my opinion they are crowded parking lots in the woods. But if your interested, you are welcome to join us. I’ll post something up in 18’ as we get closer and see if we can get a couple of Wayalife members to make the run with us.

MudVayne

Caught the Bug
I’m up there with a couple of JKs every August. I prefer small groups of 10 or less so we can move quick and hit all the trails. I’ve done the jamborees and invasions, in my opinion they are crowded parking lots in the woods. But if your interested, you are welcome to join us. I’ll post something up in 18’ as we get closer and see if we can get a couple of Wayalife members to make the run with us.

That would be fantastic..especially with a group familiar with the area. Without having spend almost a grand for jamboree .

laffman

I for one would love to see some photos. I definitely wan't to head up there this summer.

Here are some Drummond Island videos from my past trips. All I say is get ready for some mud and be prepared to clean your Jeep inside and out. Everything is going to get dirty.

This is Marble Head

Next time you take a trip to Bundy let me know, I only live 3 miles away, and all my friends jeeps up here are pavment princesses so Im always by myself when I go out.lol
Nice! Great videos. So true, everything gets dirty!

Sent from my LG-LS998 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom