Maryland life?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
So it appears that in May my girlfriend will be looking to make a move to a new News Station and one of the options that came up was Maryland. So I’m wondering what life is life for a Jeeper in Maryland: off-roading, salt, motor vehicle laws on fenders and mudflaps, etc.

Is there anyone on here that has some knowledge from living there? Any input is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Recurve

So it appears that in May my girlfriend will be looking to make a move to a new News Station and one of the options that came up was Maryland. So I’m wondering what life is life for a Jeeper in Maryland: off-roading, salt, motor vehicle laws on fenders and mudflaps, etc.

Is there anyone on here that has some knowledge from living there? Any input is appreciated!

I don't live "in" Maryland , but I'm in Maryland a lot. Because I live near the state line.
If your into guns/hiking/camping outdoors, Sorry to say Maryland doesn't have much of anything, they are super strict on guns. I know the cops are not too friendly about having your doors off.
Of course there is the local parks that are closer to PA and Appalachian trail as well. Like contocton and gambrill state parks.

Your access to off-roading would probably be either more PA or West Virginia.

Maryland does have the best tasting crabs around, that's a huge plus if you like seafood.

Mcollins443

I like living in Maryland. I’m close to the PA line and it’s great being close close the beach or mountains depending on which way you go. As far as off-roading Rausch Creek isn’t far from me. The salt sucks in the winter but I just try to run through the car wash at least once a week during the winter and wash the undercarriage. As far as the laws your tires can’t stick out past the fender flares and the bumper height can’t be over 20 inches for car and suvs and 28 inches for trucks.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I don't live "in" Maryland , but I'm in Maryland a lot. Because I live near the state line.
If your into guns/hiking/camping outdoors, Sorry to say Maryland doesn't have much of anything, they are super strict on guns. I know the cops are not too friendly about having your doors off.
Of course there is the local parks that are closer to PA and Appalachian trail as well. Like contocton and gambrill state parks.

Your access to off-roading would probably be either more PA or West Virginia.

Maryland does have the best tasting crabs around, that's a huge plus if you like seafood.

Lol how about having the top off? Being that I currently live in AZ I keep a pistol in my vehicle and my ar along with a few shotguns at home. Also run topless and doorless for a decent portion of the year... not to mention forest roads 5 minutes from my house and almost all the wheeling I could possibly want is within 6 hours, a lot of that only being 2 hours away

Recurve

Lol how about having the top off? Being that I currently live in AZ I keep a pistol in my vehicle and my ar along with a few shotguns at home. Also run topless and doorless for a decent portion of the year... not to mention forest roads 5 minutes from my house and almost all the wheeling I could possibly want is within 6 hours, a lot of that only being 2 hours away

Yeah that's how it is where I live in PA, I'm in the Appalachian mountains an surrounded by dirt roads/small trails.
Just when I'm strapped I'm not allowed to go to Maryland lol. They don't recognize conceal carry from other states.

Honestly , is there anyway you can convince your girlfriend to stay? [emoji23]. Because you got it good as far as jeeps an guns go.

Last edited:

Recurve

Also about marylands gun laws, they are almost as bad as California. They don't allow suppressors , short barrel rifles , and high cap mags. So only 10 rounders for you.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Yeah that's how it is where I live in PA, I'm in the Appalachian mountains an surrounded by dirt roads/small trails.
Just when I'm strapped I'm not allowed to go to Maryland lol. They don't recognize conceal carry from other states.

Honestly , is there anyway you can convince your girlfriend to stay? [emoji23]. Because you got it good as far as jeeps an guns go.

Do they have their own conceal carry? How far is it from your area into Maryland?

Luckily we have a list of places that we are interested in and this one just came up. Not sure if I’m going to add it to my list or not yet lol

Recurve

Do they have their own conceal carry? How far is it from your area into Maryland?

Luckily we have a list of places that we are interested in and this one just came up. Not sure if I’m going to add it to my list or not yet lol

If you look up gettysburg , Pa
The famous civil war gettysburg)
The mountains to the left of it is where I live. Maryland/PA state line is about 15-20 mins south of me.

I'm not sure about conceal carry in Maryland.
Yeah , as far as anything AR goes just forget it. Lol

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
If you look up gettysburg , Pa
The famous civil war gettysburg)
The mountains to the left of it is where I live. Maryland/PA state line is about 15-20 mins south of me.

I'm not sure about conceal carry in Maryland.
Yeah , as far as anything AR goes just forget it. Lol

Sounds to me that depending on where her station is it might make more sense to live in PA [emoji23]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Here is the Maryland lift laws

http://www.liftlaws.com/maryland_lift_laws.htm

As for the salt just wash the underside once a week or so.

Off-roading wise, best bet is to drive to Rausch creek or head south/west to Virginia, West Virginia or farther south. Lots of the off road trails are state owned and illegal to drive on

Recurve

Sounds to me that depending on where her station is it might make more sense to live in PA [emoji23]

Lived all my life here in south Mountain . I love it, lots of mountains/hiking/camping/off-roading.
As far as guns you can own anything , pistols you do have to register though.
Although it won't be like Arizona where you have access to some the most iconic trails in the states.

Plus winters can suck here with all the salt they put on the roads. Rust prevention is a must.

I just moved to southeastern PA a couple months back. Feel free to pm me and I would be more than willing to talk about what it has been like for me over the phone

ChiliDawg

Well shit, didn’t see your thread before I posted mine. I’m moving to MD from out west too [emoji1]

Top Bottom