ATX Chamber Pro & STT Pro gap

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Hey all. I've started the mounting process for my Cooper STT Pros and ATX Chamber Pro IIs and I've run into a bit of a snag. The ring for the beadlocks is not sitting flush with the rim (there is approx 1/16"-1/8" gap between the ring and the wheel body). I've torqued everything down to the torque specs but the gap remains. Should the ring come down completely to contact the wheel? Because to get that extra 1/8" down would require a bit more than 24 ft-lbs.

Or am I just being an idiot?

Help please & thanks in advance.

Pic to show what's going on.
IMG_3230.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Huh. I never would have thought of that. Thanks.

:cheesy: The bead on the STT Pros are stupid thick. On other wheels like Trail Ready, you would run a spacer to help make up the difference but I can tell you that leaving well enough alone over night will help compress the rubber enough to give you just a bit more tightening.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: The bead on the STT Pros are stupid thick. On other wheels like Trail Ready, you would run a spacer to help make up the difference but I can tell you that leaving well enough alone over night will help compress the rubber enough to give you just a bit more tightening.

Yeah, and as a new tire the rubber sure doesn't want to go anywhere without some persuasion. I saw the video of Mel Wade tossing the rim into the wheel and it just went "plop." I tried it (and failed) and immediately called shenanigans. Hahaha.
I'm glad I clicked on your video again and noticed you going to town on the rim with some steel-toed boots, that seems the best way to get the wheel into the tire. 3 down, 2 to go.

IMG_3236.jpg
They sure look good though. Can't wait to scratch the shit out of the rings.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, and as a new tire the rubber sure doesn't want to go anywhere without some persuasion. I saw the video of Mel Wade tossing the rim into the wheel and it just went "plop." I tried it (and failed) and immediately called shenanigans. Hahaha.
I'm glad I clicked on your video again and noticed you going to town on the rim with some steel-toed boots, that seems the best way to get the wheel into the tire. 3 down, 2 to go.

They sure look good though. Can't wait to scratch the shit out of the rings.

LOL!! Yeah, there's no just throwing a wheel into a Cooper STT Pro and it going in easy like that. :cheesy:

Lookin great so far :thumb:

Top Bottom