Another PNW Wave

Willys17

Hello from Washington,

I’ve been lurking off and on for a bit, but I have a newborn now and am finding myself here more and more often in the middle of the night. Figured it was about time I said hello. Found this place the same way a lot of people did, by watching Wayalife videos on YouTube well before I even had a Jeep.

Timing was finally right last year and I ordered up a 2017 JKU. First thing I did was take the wife on a trip to Moab two weeks after we bought it to get our feet wet.

96D530B7-A657-4508-8FAD-45EE2233245D.jpg

Lately it’s just been a lot of trips on the Forest service roads here in all the National Forests in the PNW.

4C4B77E6-49E1-4D0E-9D8A-EC96B193CF04.jpg

Honestly, not really sure what my plans are for the Jeep at this point. I put an EVO leveling kit on to fix the rake, but other than that I plan on just using it as-is until I find a need to upgrade things. If I had to guess, next up will probably be bumpers/winch.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Welcome from Phoenix AZ! You don't have to have 40's and one ton axles to enjoy your Jeep or even to fit in on this site. Making it what you enjoy and sharing the progress is all good. Pics and stories from things like your trip to Moab would be enjoyed by others.

Willys17

Thanks all.

Pics and stories from things like your trip to Moab would be enjoyed by others.

I’ve actually been meaning to do this just haven’t gotten around to it. We did some less common trails (Chicken Corners, Willow Springs Road, and Shafer Road to Potash Road). Only had 3 days and I wanted to do things that I was comfortable would get my wife on board with using a brand new Jeep the way it was intended, without her getting put off on the idea entirely. Also wanted to fit in the National parks at the same time. Had a blast and now the wife is hooked too.

Willys17

Welcome from Dupont. Jeep looks great, can you post some more pics of the stance with the leveling kit?

I’ll have to get some, apparently I don’t have any post-leveling kit pics on my phone and the Jeep is on the opposite side of the country right now...

Top Bottom