Spyderlock beadlocks

mauijim

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Spyderlock beadlocks 756. I personally love the looks of them. But I’ve never had beadlocks and getting ready to pull the trigger on new wheels and 37/12.50/17 STT Pros. What’s the pros and cons of these wheels. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pros
They look AMAZING
The rings are super beefy just like ATX Slabs or Chambers
The ring bolts are bigger than most bead locks and sit flush in the rings.

Cons
They are very heavy
The star in the middle can get bent and cause balancing issues
The star will get hung up in rocks and roots
It can be a bit more difficult to air up your tires especially once the stars get beat up if only because the edges will cut up your arms

Just a few things off the top of my head. I loved mine because of the way the looked but Slabs or Chambers just made more sense to run.

mauijim

Pros
They look AMAZING
The rings are super beefy just like ATX Slabs or Chambers
The ring bolts are bigger than most bead locks and sit flush in the rings.

Cons
They are very heavy
The star in the middle can get bent and cause balancing issues
It can be a bit more difficult to air up your tires especially once the stars get beat up if only because the edges will cut up your arms

Just a few things off the top of my head. I loved mine because of the way the looked but Slabs or Chambers just made more sense to run.

Yes they do look amazing and I think that’s what caught my eye. But never thought about the star getting beat up like that. That’s really something I gotta think about. I’m mostly on trails and haven’t been in the rocks yet cause I’ve been building up since I got my 2012 jk about 15 months ago. That’s why I wanted some input before purchasing anything. Thanks for all the information

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes they do look amazing and I think that’s what caught my eye. But never thought about the star getting beat up like that. That’s really something I gotta think about. I’m mostly on trails and haven’t been in the rocks yet cause I’ve been building up since I got my 2012 jk about 15 months ago. That’s why I wanted some input before purchasing anything. Thanks for all the information

It might be a bit hard to see it in this pic but the stars on the Spyderlocs we had on Moby were not only beat up but bent in. It was enough to cause balancing issues and we ended up having to replace a couple - which by the way isn't cheap!

main.php

fiend

Caught the Bug
It might be a bit hard to see it in this pic but the stars on the Spyderlocs we had on Moby were not only beat up but bent in. It was enough to cause balancing issues and we ended up having to replace a couple - which by the way isn't cheap!

main.php

Could you just cut the star out?

Top Bottom