be careful when you get a warn zeon platinum winch

III%er

Just bought a brand new warn zeon platinum winch. It was delivered and I installed it exactly as specified. But when I went to test it, nothing worked. I made sure wiring was right, then I made sure installation was correct. But still no bluetooth connection with remote to winch. The green light blinks when it's switch on. But that's it. Has anybody else had this problem?

WJCO

Meme King
What did warn have to say about your issue? Truthfully, the main thing that swayed me away from the Platinum was the wireless/Bluetooth connection. With something like a winch, I want it hardwired.

III%er

Nothing yet, I won't be able to get a hold of them until monday. It sucks because I was going to go on a trip where it was basically required. So now I have to not fo and wait until m o nday to call. It basically sucks.

WJCO

Meme King
Nothing yet, I won't be able to get a hold of them until monday. It sucks because I was going to go on a trip where it was basically required. So now I have to not fo and wait until m o nday to call. It basically sucks.

IIrc, if you plug in the hardwired controller, it will still bypass the wireless function.

JAGS

Hooked
What did warn have to say about your issue? Truthfully, the main thing that swayed me away from the Platinum was the wireless/Bluetooth connection. With something like a winch, I want it hardwired.

THIS!

In theory it's cool. But hard to justify when the hardware will work fine in any situation. Enough electronics already. Don't need more on my winch. I've used my WARN Zeon many times since installed.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug

THIS!

In theory it's cool. But hard to justify when the hardware will work fine in any situation. Enough electronics already. Don't need more on my winch. I've used my WARN Zeon many times since installed.

Have to agree completely.

JAGS

Hooked
It's not required but I was going to go out by myself this weekend and now I have to compansate my trip because now I can't rely on my gear.

I thought the platinum also had the option to be hardwired to the remote as well?

In any case, this isn't the first I've heard of this and giving warn a call may be the best bet. The winch itself is great, provided you can get the remote working.

III%er

I thought the platinum also had the option to be hardwired to the remote as well?

In any case, this isn't the first I've heard of this and giving warn a call may be the best bet. The winch itself is great, provided you can get the remote working.

Yan I just have to wait until Monday. :sigh:

Top Bottom