4high issues

LittleJohn05

Some help (05 LJ- 4inch suspension on 35s)...I was driving in the snow this morning. I put it into 4high (light came on, I could feel it engage), went about half a mile, and the light went off. I couldn’t go at that point. I could feel it disengage. I then put it into 4low where I had no issues. Tried it two to three more times with the same results.

Is this a linkage issue or does it sound like something else?

BobNH

Sounds like linkage to me, especially since it is a wholly mechanical system. The bar sometimes slides in the mount. Next time it happens, let it spin down and then push the tcase handle back towards 2h a bit. It should clunk into place. It is also possible you pulled it a but too far into 4h, and got too close to N and it clunked out for that reason. Either way, a slight push should set you back in 4h.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PT1400

There is a great fix for that! There's a cable kit that OX locker makes. Replaces the linkage with cables. No more worrying about linkages binding and then pulling out of gear. Did it on my buddy's 04 with a 6" lift. No issues since.

You should be able to see it from underneath if you have someone move the selector. Mine would have the rod fall out of the bracket completely and get stuck in whatever I left it in last.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom