RockKrawler "Quality"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In fairness to Rock Krawler, that sway bar link should be mounted on the OUTSIDE of the mount - facing your tire. Being that it's on the inside, the link will make solid contact with the lower control arm bracket when flexing and that cause bending of the link or in your case, a break. You can kind of see where it's been hitting that bolt head. Still sucks that it broke though.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
RockKrawler "Quality"

Not saying they're the best out there but have ran several of their products over many years with only joints wearing out 5 years down the road In which they replaced the entire two arms for me. Try mounting the next one properly

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I agree wit Eddie, they were installed incorrectly which caused them to steer and eventually brake.
Also what’s wrong with your abs sensor wiring, looks busted...

Krystianjk

The mounting May have been incorrect but they've let me down previously too like I bought their adjustable front disconnects and they seized up on me within a minute of adjusting smh

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Battle Born JK

Just use your factory sway bar link what pisses me off about rk its been one year since installing there lift and there front lower control arms are rusted wtf

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My links fit better on the inside with no issues. Looks like those needed some washers or a spacer though- up tight against the steel plate looks like it broke it.

If you have big enough flex, your links WILL make solid contact with the lower control arm bracket at a full droop. This can limit flex and can cause your links to bend or break as shown.

jesse3638

Hooked
I originally mounted mine to the inside too by mistake. When I flipped them I could see where they had been rubbing. Fortunately they weren't bent or broken.

zimm

Caught the Bug
If you have big enough flex, your links WILL make solid contact with the lower control arm bracket at a full droop. This can limit flex and can cause your links to bend or break as shown.

Hmmm. Now that I have less backspace maybe they’ll fit on the outside. I’ll try it out. Had to run inside with aev wheels. Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm. Now that I have less backspace maybe they’ll fit on the outside. I’ll try it out. Had to run inside with aev wheels. Thanks.

It's definitely an acceptable temporary solution especially if you're running wheels with a lot of back spacing but it'd be better to move them back to the outside if you can.

DMF

Here's real Rock Krawler quailty. My 2nd broken joint. This one is the front upper arm, last one was the rear upper opposite side. . Everyone here know's how hard I wheel too, those by passes are pretty tough :brows: 20180113_230434410_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

bouche03

All my arms are rusted out as f$@k and when I reached out to them (after less than a year and only 1 winter) they told me “we don’t have a problem with rust on our rigs because we don’t run ours in winter”

Last edited:
Top Bottom