Lug pattern

stingray40

Good morning, I’m interested in buying a set of used tires and wheels. I’ve found a set I really like. The lug pattern is 5x5.5 and I believe my 2018 JKU has a 5x5 bolt pattern. The guy selling them says they will fit and that he had them on his ‘13 JK. It’s not that I don’t believe him I’m just looking for assurance. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks for the help

IMG_4903.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
^^ yup - all JK's are 5x5. Ask him to throw in the spacers he had to have been running :thumb:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Good morning, I’m interested in buying a set of used tires and wheels. I’ve found a set I really like. The lug pattern is 5x5.5 and I believe my 2018 JKU has a 5x5 bolt pattern. The guy selling them says they will fit and that he had them on his ‘13 JK. It’s not that I don’t believe him I’m just looking for assurance. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks for the help

View attachment 285686

There’s two possibilities here... he either does not know what he’s talking about and they fit his JK cuz they’re actually 5x5 OR he does and was running adapters to make them work. You could get adapters if that’s the case but it will push your tires out a bit. If you’re cool with that and the extra expense for the spacers, go for it.

GraniteCrystal

My guess is he doesn't know what he's talking about. Doesn't look like a large enough gap for spacers on there. I'd just try to put one on before purchasing.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Some wheels have both 5x5 and 5x5.5 patterns. You use the pattern that works for you, and a plastic cap covers up all the holes and lugs. A buddy of mine has those. Don’t remember the brand. Maybe your seller has this type. He’s remembering 5x5.5 but he’s also correct that they will fit a JK. Just guessing. You need to try before you buy.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Don't believe him, test fit before you buy.

As mentioned, some wheels come with both bolt patterns.

those are also 35's on 20" wheels, I wouldn't run them if you plan to wheel.

Personally I've never liked multi-bolt pattern wheels because IMO they are not as strong and airing down 35's on 20's may cause you to break a bead easier.

My buddy ran like that and usually broke a bead once aired down - his ride also sucked more aired down, no cushion

Last edited:
Top Bottom