starter issue

LOST LGRINGO

our 3.8 jk recently gave the impression of dead battery, sounded like it wouldnt crank. but the engine actually did turn maybe half a rotation each time we hit the key. battery was fine, full charge.
this happened with air temp in 70s, low humidity, had sat for maybe a week.
i got the impression the solenoid was stuck in activate position cause i really didnt hear the correct clunk when i turned the key.
i finally did a direct 12v to the starter itself and it ran immediately.
so i put the 12v to the solenoid post and it responded as it should. wife hit the key and everything was fine!
next day on starting it seemed to be about to do it again but it went ahead and cranked, (polite little monster).
jeep has 60k miles no harsh winters or weather.
anyone had similar delimas? thots?

TRLJNKY

Both of my 07's do this exact same thing everyonce in a while. Been doing it for years. BaddestCross nailed it. Just wiggle the shifter and walla it fires.

Edit: neither has done it consistently enough for me to troubleshoot

aka cavfighter

jeeeep

Hooked
same as stated above and also have the battery checked.

Do you have any accessories attached to the battery? if they are attached to the wrong part of the battery post clamp it will cause issues.

Does jumping the battery allow it to start right up? Mine did the same thing, finally had the battery checked and the cranking amps were not what they should be.

The rest of the battery tested fine but no cranking amps.

Top Bottom