Antenna HELP!!!!

cangro408

So I have somewhat of an issue regarding my antenna situation. So after owning my 2017 JK for about 1 month my stock antenna was stolen in Jersey City (where I work). So I was mad but no big deal i got the 13 inch stubby antenna X off-road one. So months go by and today i get home and my shit is missing again!! Now i’m really pissed anyway i’m gonna link the antenna with pictures it comes in 2 pieces I circled in red the part that unscrews I was thinking of putting either lock-tite on the threads or just taking it off everyday which is definitely annoying. Let me know if you guys have any tips please any help i would appreciate thanks.

IMG_7199.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately locktite isn't gonna make it too difficult to remove. Honestly the only sure way is to pull it off. I want to say it probably won't happen again, but I would have said that the first time too. Good luck.

cangro408

lmaooo the craziest thing is i was at work at my headquarters because i’m a sheriff officer and my placard that says sheriff on duty official business and he still stole that shit if i had to guess there’s probably a guy that goes down this street everyday and steals stuff because both antennas got stolen on the same street. Some people are BALLSY!

Last edited:

Fabio J

Maybe they did it more for the thrill? I mean, it doesn't look useable without the bottom part...and stealing from what I am assuming is a marked law enforcement area? Seems like they are screwing around.

Side note, would thread lock hinder the clarity of radio reception?

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

cangro408

Maybe they did it more for the thrill? I mean, it doesn't look useable without the bottom part...and stealing from what I am assuming is a marked law enforcement area? Seems like they are screwing around.

Side note, would thread lock hinder the clarity of radio reception?

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

lmaoo of all the questions you would think of a tech question but i’m actually interested in this does anyone know haha

Parks34

Open it up and drill a hole in the back of where it bolts in. Put it to where you can't get to it without opening the tailgate and make sure its always locked. Put a set screw in it so you can't take it out, without loosening that screw first

zimm

Caught the Bug
The old thief "double tap". My aunt had her battery stolen. The next day they did it again, and stole the brand new battery.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
The old thief "double tap". My aunt had her battery stolen. The next day they did it again, and stole the brand new battery.

Makes sense (if you are a thief anyway). Why steel an old battery, when you can force someone to buy a new one that you can steel.
Least they could do is replace the new with the old one though [emoji848]

black pearl

Hooked
I have a inexpensive dash cam, that has a motion activated mode. Could find out for sure with something like that. Could also give you someone new to look for, besides the usual suspects. [emoji23]

I have unforchantley lost 5 of my cb antennas do to the increase in theft around the area i live for the most part i have just filed a claim with my insurance and bought a new antenna, i have the people on camera that steal it but it's not worth the time and money to prosecute them over an antenna, the best advice i can give is just remove the antenna, i know its a pain in the ass but unless your willing to keep replacing them it will keep happening.

Top Bottom