Strike Force Zebra- Central Command Review

Vinnielax

I purchased the Central Command from Strike Force Zebra in October when it was announced on Wayalife and they provided a discount for early orders. The shipping and delivery was very prompt and Steve, one of the owners, was very quick to provide updates and the zip file with the very detailed directions. The Central Command was ordered to replace the Daystar A Pillar control and the wiring of fog, driving, spot lightsand directly to the battery, and the ARB duel compressor, and make room to install front and rear ARB lockers when my PR44/60's get installed in January. So, I am in no way an expert in wiring/electrical and when the box showed up with lots of cool looking colored wires, I was a little concerned that my lack of electrical skills would end up making this take a while to figure out. That being said, the instructions provided by the company were very detailed and offered a step by step approach to the install. I did get stuck at one point and emailed Steve and we connected on the phone on a Sunday afternoon and he talked me through the sticking point. He also provided me with supplemental install instructions and pictures in order to install the ARB duel compressor and have the locker engagement not be dependent on turning on the compressor or needing to activate the rear in order to activate the front.

Overall, I am very happy with the final product and with the customer service provided by the company. Having the owner willing to jump on the phone twice on a Sunday to talk me through a few steps of the installation was great and very helpful. For a novice electrical guy, the step by step instructions were fairly straight forward, and after talking to Steve the parts where I got stuck were easily explainable and for anyone with a bit more experience/skill in wiring, it would have been even easier. There is a bit of cleanup that I want to do to tuck the wires away from the compressor a bit more, but I've attached some pictures of the end product.

I finished the install on Sunday, and dropped my Jeep off at Offroad Evolution on Monday morning to have the EVO sport cage installed, and while waiting for them to open I noticed that guy in the jeep parked next to me had a Central Command and some Strike Force Zebra stickers on the jeep. After handing my keys over to Drew, I struck up a conversation while we waited for Ubers to arrive. It turns out that I met Alan, Steve's brother, from Strike Force Zebra, who had driven his father's jeep in from Salt Lake to have some work done.

I would certainly recommend this product based on how well it works and the installation process, as well as the company based on my interactions with two of the owners.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

J

JKDream

Looks like a mess of wiring in there. You know you can cut that excess switch plug wiring in the second picture from the ARB compressor and hook it right up to the unit right?
No need to have twenty feet of wire stuffed beside the compressor. Nice review regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:

jesse3638

Hooked
Yea, that’s part of the clean up. Before cutting more I wanted to make sure it worked!

I totally understand. I'm a measure thrice cut twice kind of person...haha. Looks good and will be what I go with when I finally order a switch panel..haha.

Thanks Vinnielax for the kind words. It’s an easy product to install and does what it’s expected to do. We appreciate the business and recognize people have choices. Thanks for choosing us. Hope to see you out wheeling!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not directly related, but I saw that you live in the PdR. I llved there for 15 years. Love that town. I'm in Burbank now. hahaha.....

Top Bottom