What Jeep this?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I ran across one similar to this in India this year. There are several foreign automakers that make different versions to fit their needs. The one I found is a Mahindra Jeep Commander I believe. IMG_4631.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely NOT a CJ-6 and for sure NOT a CJ-10. The roof lines look a lot like what the Little Chief CJ concept Jeep looked like but it was just a 2-door. Mitusbishi and Mahindra had license to manufacture CJ's well into the 1990's and this is most likely something they made. If I could guess, it's probably a Mahindra.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Other countries used the CJ as a base to work from. I saw them all over. Many countries also tweak car models that we know or have their own weird versions of Ford, Chevrolet and Jeep. I saw these two JKs in Bahrain and Dubai. Both front and rear bumpers are completely different than here in the US. IMG_4729.jpg IMG_4654.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SSRuger

laffman

Looks like a CJ-8 Overlander, an oversees version of the CJ-8 Scrambler. But I've never seen one with 4 doors. Kind looks like a Willys wagon with a CJ grille.

Top Bottom