PIAA Fogs installed on EVO quarter pounder

zimm

Caught the Bug
After lots of thinking about how to incorporate fog lights onto the EVO quarter pounder, I ordered the EVO light bracket and some PIAA LED amber fogs. I really didn't care for the look (first photo) and they stuck out pretty far. Since everything is better when you drill holes in it, I moved them to the top of the bumper and then used the EVO light bracket for my old trusty $30 Amazon.com LED light bar. I think it looks much cleaner and I'm back to the same lighting I had with the Poison Spyder bumper, but a more utilitarian and functional look (hi-lift holes, sunken winch, etc). I'm happy so far.

I'll have to re-think it when it's time for the stinger, but that's a few years away after I move from this house. Stinger won't fit in the garage :doh:

After looking at the pics, I think I can ditch the daystar silencers on the d-rings too....

View attachment 285992

View attachment 285994

View attachment 285993

View attachment 285995

Last edited:
I've been looking at those exact lights to replace my Piia 520 ions i lost in an accident. How is the light output? Looks good, I like the spacing in relation to the headlights and turn signals, good work.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I've been looking at those exact lights to replace my Piia 520 ions i lost in an accident. How is the light output? Looks good, I like the spacing in relation to the headlights and turn signals, good work.

I'm not thrilled that the lenses are amber. All the internet pics lead me to believe that they were true amber LEDs. Oh well. I haven't given them a real test at night, but with amber the light output is pretty low. Lost in the low beams. With headlights off, they give a nice yellow illumination, which is my goal anyway. When group riding at night, it's pretty much parking lights only or fogs.

Top Bottom