Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOW to GET to the NIPPLES - Front Lower Control Arm Greasing Solution

HOW to GET to the NIPPLES - Front Lower Control Arm Greasing Solution

Great write up, I’m going to give this a try! I’ve never greased mine before so do you just fill them with grease until it starts to ooze out or something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by whispike; 01-12-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whispike View Post
    Great write up, I’m going to give this a try! I’ve never greased mine before so do you just fill them with grease until it starts to ooze out or something like that?

You can watch for grease, but you will also start to feel more resistance in the grease gun.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

So quick question and figured I'd ask here as this thread is near the top.

Not related to the control arm, but rather the nipple on the joint of my carrier. Seems I got a bit flexed in the rocks and tagged the corner of my carrier. In doing so I broke a zerk. But the threads are still in the joint end.

Not a huge deal, but wondering the best way to get the end out without fucking up the joint itself? Haven't tried anything yet as it's just the carrier joint.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    So quick question and figured I'd ask here as this thread is near the top.

Not related to the control arm, but rather the nipple on the joint of my carrier. Seems I got a bit flexed in the rocks and tagged the corner of my carrier. In doing so I broke a zerk. But the threads are still in the joint end.

Not a huge deal, but wondering the best way to get the end out without fucking up the joint itself? Haven't tried anything yet as it's just the carrier joint.
    What's left inside shouldn't be tight and you can probably remove it with an easy out.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    What's left inside shouldn't be tight and you can probably remove it with an easy out.
    Cool. Was hoping that would be the case. Thanks.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Is this the same size needle that is used on lower ball joints like Alloy USA? I'm using a needle from a kit I got on Amazon and all the grease just seems to make a mess instead of going into the low profile zerks fitting.

This is the kit I have:
    Tooluxe 61077L Grease Gun and Lubrication Accessory Kit | Zerk Fittings | Multi-Function https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RMMXG8..._43tQBbEVN4QMY

Quote Originally Posted by JeepDrum View Post
    Is this the same size needle that is used on lower ball joints like Alloy USA? I'm using a needle from a kit I got on Amazon and all the grease just seems to make a mess instead of going into the low profile zerks fitting.

This is the kit I have:
    Tooluxe 61077L Grease Gun and Lubrication Accessory Kit | Zerk Fittings | Multi-Function https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RMMXG8..._43tQBbEVN4QMY
    Looks like it should work, push harder

This is the kit I have:
    It will work but it has to be centered on the zerk with so pressure applied so the needle is firm against the joint. They're a little tricky. The needle in that kit will work. Just make sure that you aren't using the sharp one pictured below.

DSC04419.JPG
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Ok thanks guys, I'll try again tomorrow. Today I tried two of the needles. Not the one pictured, but the ones with a dull point. Maybe it just wasn't seated right or something. It is tricky. Just out of curiosity, what are those sharp ones for? Poking through a boot and squirting grease in?

Ok thanks guys, I'll try again tomorrow. Today I tried two of the needles. Not the one pictured, but the ones with a dull point. Maybe it just wasn't seated right or something. It is tricky. Just out of curiosity, what are those sharp ones for? Poking through a boot and squirting grease in?
    Yes or injecting poultry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast