Anyone use these tanks?

Ddays

Hooked
Pros/Cons? They are on special on a couple sites for $200. Would use this as strictly emergency purposes on my pickup for camping trips. I thought of a single compressor but
honestly I don't know if the usage would justify the cost/convenience vs one of these tanks. Anyone else run a compressor on their tow rig? Got any pics of install?

Tank.jpg

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I built one, and honestly I prefer it to my ARB single High output compressor for a couple reasons.
1 it's portable so I can toss it in whatever I'm driving.
2 it's fast. Aires up my 37s from 13 to 30 in roughly 60 seconds each
3 it's silent
4 co2 refills are cheap
5 it saves wear and tear on my compressor so I always know plan b is ready to go

I would say the only downfall is the space it takes up in an already crowded vehicle. So if you have room to carry it than I would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I always thought about it, but never pulled the trigger because they were expensive and took up room... that one looks smaller & cheaper though. The ARB twin is bitchin for my jeep... but in the truck, if I go on a trip, I throw a cheap $40 plug in compressor in my toolbox incase of an emergency.

(I’d still like to have a CO2 tank though... would be great for small jobs where I need a nail gun or finish gun real quick)

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Pros/Cons? They are on special on a couple sites for $200. Would use this as strictly emergency purposes on my pickup for camping trips. I thought of a single compressor but
honestly I don't know if the usage would justify the cost/convenience vs one of these tanks. Anyone else run a compressor on their tow rig? Got any pics of install?

View attachment 286075

Where have you seen that for $200?

Ddays

Hooked
I built one, and honestly I prefer it to my ARB single High output compressor for a couple reasons.
1 it's portable so I can toss it in whatever I'm driving.
2 it's fast. Aires up my 37s from 13 to 30 in roughly 60 seconds each
3 it's silent
4 co2 refills are cheap
5 it saves wear and tear on my compressor so I always know plan b is ready to go

I would say the only downfall is the space it takes up in an already crowded vehicle. So if you have room to carry it than I would do it.

I thought about the build it yourself route but for $200 this is probably worth it.
Good points you have listed - thanks!

I always thought about it, but never pulled the trigger because they were expensive and took up room... that one looks smaller & cheaper though. The ARB twin is bitchin for my jeep... but in the truck, if I go on a trip, I throw a cheap $40 plug in compressor in my toolbox incase of an emergency.

(I’d still like to have a CO2 tank though... would be great for small jobs where I need a nail gun or finish gun real quick)

The pure convenience of one of these, especially for the wife make them attractive. And when the Jeep isn't nearby

tdougherty81

I made my own with a 20lb bottle. It could fill tires quick and run air tools but it was rather large and CO2 refills went up on price.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
After buying a used tank (20#) off Craigslist plus regulator I probably have about $150 into my set up. I already had hose, and air chuck etc. it is only a few dollars more to refill a 20 than a 10 as most of the cost is service fee.

Ddays

Hooked
After buying a used tank (20#) off Craigslist plus regulator I probably have about $150 into my set up. I already had hose, and air chuck etc. it is only a few dollars more to refill a 20 than a 10 as most of the cost is service fee.

10-4. So for $200 this is worth it if you need all of those items.

Gobicon2017

I have the 10lb’r and tank mount for the roll bar. Airs up nicely and I can carry it around for house hold chores requiring air tools etc. cost me 25 bucks and it lasts forever!!!!

Ddays

Hooked
I have the 10lb’r and tank mount for the roll bar. Airs up nicely and I can carry it around for house hold chores requiring air tools etc. cost me 25 bucks and it lasts forever!!!!

Never really thought of carrying in through the house. That's another area where it could come in handy. Good tip!

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I feel like it's worth mentioning that CO2 will cause you to take a permanent dirt nap as it displaces oxygen without you being able to recognize it. For those carrying in a vehicle, make sure the tank is secure and valves are always shut off during transport. And if you ever feel tired out of no where open some doors up fast. [emoji482]

I feel like it's worth mentioning that CO2 will cause you to take a permanent dirt nap as it displaces oxygen without you being able to recognize it. For those carrying in a vehicle, make sure the tank is secure and valves are always shut off during transport. And if you ever feel tired out of no where open some doors up fast. [emoji482]

I think you mean CO. CO2 is what is used in these. CO2 is what carbonates soda pop.

I had to get one to demo our Air Command at SEMA this year. The ARB dual that we have mounted in our JKU’s produces too many dB’s for the floor. Powertank hooked us up and it worked great!!! Refills cost me about $30.00. It iced up a couple times but then we took it out of the bag and seemed not to have an issue. I will mount it on the cage in the back and have it for power tools and air ups.

dwvninety

I own 2. Bought 1 and won another in a raffle. I do use my Warn PowerPlant compressor more than the CO2 since air is cheaper that CO2. I mainly use the CO2 to power my air nailer when fixing the fence or around the house in the winter when I don't want to mess with running an air hose in colder weather.
IMG_2535.jpg

Top Bottom