Replacement manual trans for 2011 JKUR

mickeydarmi

Looks like I’m going to need to replace the 6-speed manual transmission in my 2011 JKUR. I’d rather not go with the stock Mopar, which will probably be just as crappy as the p.o.s. that I’m going to take out. Does anyone have any recommendations for anything more stout from the aftermarket ??? IMG_0535.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Looks like I’m going to need to replace the 6-speed manual transmission in my 2011 JKUR. I’d rather not go with the stock Mopar, which will probably be just as crappy as the p.o.s. that I’m going to take out. Does anyone have any recommendations for anything more stout from the aftermarket ??? View attachment 286198

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don’t know of any other one that will bolt up to 3.8 nor do I know of any adapters. Not saying nothing exists, I’ve just never seen one

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kennuck

The new JL is equipped with an Aisin D478 6 speed manual and is mated to the 3.6. It is supposed to be very good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The new JL is equipped with an Aisin D478 6 speed manual and is mated to the 3.6. It is supposed to be very good.

Sounds great and all but the OP has a 2011 which means he's got a 3.8L motor. Not gonna work even if it were available now.

Kennuck

Sounds great and all but the OP has a 2011 which means he's got a 3.8L motor. Not gonna work even if it were available now.

Really, you learn something new every day. I assumed since both engines used the NSG 370 they shared the same bellhousing pattern. Chrysler is pretty effed up when it comes to bell patterns. GM is so much easier.

78cj7

Did you look at the Tranzilla? I really want someone to do this and be the guinea pig (but it ain't gonna be me!)

Rockland Standard Gear 6-Speed TRANZILLA 4×4 Transmission
https://www.motorator.com/blog/general-automotive/rsg-tranzilla-tremec-6-speed-conversion/

Make your 4×4 drive like a sports car. Rockland Standard Gear (RSG) has unlocked the true performance potential of 4×4 vehicles with its new 4×4 TRANZILLA Tremec T56 Magnum 6-speed manual gearbox. Designed to replace traditional balky-shifting, wide-ratio truck transmissions with the smooth shifting, closer-ratio transmission, the RSG 4×4 TRANZILLA transforms the 4×4 driving experience. You have the perfect gear ratio for any situation right at your fingertips. Effortless up- and downshifts ensure that you have the right gear for climbing that hill or pulling out to pass. Plus, the two overdrive gears provide improved fuel economy and reduced powertrain vibration for freeway driving.

Available for Chevy, GMC, Ford, Dodge and Jeep vehicles the 4×4 TRANZILLA is available in three torque ratings – 500, 700 and 850 ft.lbs. The higher rating will handle supercharged, big-block and even most diesel applications.

RSG’s 4×4 TRANZILLA will work with any 27 or 32 spline input shaft New Process, New Venture, Atlas or Dana 300 transfer case. The transfer case can be “clocked” (rotated) incrementally in either direction. Overall length from the front of the transmission mounting plate is 39” with a RSG 231HD slip yoke eliminator as shown in the photo. Shifter location is 20” from the rear face of the engine block.

Top Bottom