I found the code!

Oreo_penguin536

Okay so the code is #51. Lean fuel mixture or something like that. Long story short comin home from work I was on 2 cylinders it seemed like, hit a bump and out of no where I gain all my power back, hit another bump and then went to 3, then back to 2 cylinders. I also found this when I looked at the air filter, it was like a sludge almost from the vent tube. IMG_1329.jpg IMG_1328.jpg
I check my fuel pressure earlier in the week and it was at 29 psi while at idle. I’ve tried chem tool injector cleaner, 91 octane gas, checked cap and top of rotor, plugs (slightly brown but still in good working order). And the air filter. The sludge in new.
Everywhere online I’ve looked has pretty much every answer known to jeeps. What do you think? Map? O2 sensor? I was thinking injectors until the bumps in the road changed how it ran.

I ran through over half a tank in under 60 miles when before I could run over 200 miles before refill consistently.

At the dealer before I got it they replaced the fuel tank due to warping and the the return hitting the bottom of the tank, found metal in the bottom of it, also replaced the pump assembly. The note for that was running rich and cuts out under load via code scan.

Replaced fuel pressure regulator.

Replaced fuel pump module and gasket.
Also has a new o2 sender on the pipe before the cat (I think that’s the 02 sensor?)

Only other thing I can think of is it got worse after I took it out last weekend and played in the mud a bit.

Please help, I don’t have the money to be buying parts just to diagnose the issue. Unexpected bill hit and I’m out for 2 weeks. I have cash for buying what is exactly needed that’s about it:/ especially before the New Years trip!!![emoji848][emoji58][emoji29]

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Check for Vacuum leaks. I know that my 88 had a mess of vacuum hoses all over the place. With it running you can spray all vacuum connections and all over the intake manifold with brake cleaner. If you find the leak the rpms will raise.

Oreo_penguin536

I’ll check that next. Last night I unplugged and replugged every connecting I could see involving fuel or air or anything and it started running better all night. Idled for 45 min perfect and drove 15 min home perfect. Started it this morning and not 2 seconds in to warm up it took another dive
120 miles and I’m on empty already

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Coil? Maybe just not sure what all you checked but what you mentioned, I know my old coil cracked.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Found this online. Not sure if it includes ALL vacuum lines. One running under dash might be like a blend door control or something like that. Unfortunately your probably gonna need to go through and replace all lines if they have got that brittle. IMG_2335.JPG

Top Bottom